|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ressler thought Dahmer's sentence of __________ was not something that would teach anyone anything.
(a) Life sentence.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
2. Ressler learned later that the governor of ________ had commuted Samples' sentence, so he came in to help.
3. There were a series of _______ in Bozeman, Montana, that caused people to turn to Ressler for help.
(a) Economic troubles.
(b) Random animal killings.
(c) Mental ward cases.
4. Where was John Crutchley working at the time of his attempted murder incident?
(a) Navy base.
5. _______ brought in famous criminals and researchers who might help to train people at the base.
(b) The head of the FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The psychiatrist.
6. Who supposedly was the source of the staged information that the police received?
(a) The Zodiac Killer.
(b) A concerned citizen.
(c) White supremacist group.
(d) The CIA.
7. The killer, in his staging, said that he would kill a ___________ until the police were able to solve the murder.
(a) Black man.
(b) White man.
(c) White woman.
(d) Black woman.
8. What mental disorder did Duane say that he had, which was the cause for his actions, though Ressler proved otherwise?
(d) Paranoid delusions.
9. The National Center for the Analysis of _________ was put together by Ressler.
(a) Criminal Minds.
(c) Violent Crimes.
10. Ressler also spent a lot of time as an expert _______ during court cases.
(b) Jury member.
11. Who was not suspicious about Gacy's activities, according to their story?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
12. Rissell was eventually released when it was deemed he was ready to _____________.
(a) Return to society.
(b) Make up for his actions.
(c) Feel regret.
(d) Contribute to society.
13. _________ was not considered to be reputable among crime fighting units as early as the 1960s.
(b) DNA evidence.
(c) Detective work.
14. Who miraculously survived the attack by Duane and ran to the neighbors for help?
15. Who had send the bad information to the police, which was later discovered by officials?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) The killer's mother.
(c) Disgruntled policeman.
(d) A citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police find when they finally caught up to Duane, which caused Ressler to be brought into the case?
2. During his later days at _______, Ressler tried to find a wide audience for teaching his profiling skills.
3. Who was John Gacy able to meet at one point, showing that his outward appearance didn't reveal his serial killer actions?
4. How were John Gacy and Edmund Kemper allowed to be at a seminar that Ressler was teaching?
5. A _________ who was a serial killer was apprehended because of the new system, according to the book.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)