|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kemper told Ressler that he could easily kill and ___________ Ressler before the guards could come in and save him.
2. What was the job of the serial killer Gerald Schaefer?
(b) Police officer.
3. Whom did Ressler stop interviewing because he thought the killer was just trying to extend his sentence?
(a) John Gacy.
(b) Charles Manson.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Jeffrey Dahmer.
4. Serial killers are often obsessed with their ________, thinking about them for days or weeks before they occur.
5. What is one of the things that detectives found in John's room when they went to search it?
(b) Compact discs..
(d) Torture devices.
6. What needs to happen for an organized killer in order for their actions to feel complete?
(a) They hide the body.
(b) They need to hear they are a suspect.
(c) They want to hear about it from the police.
(d) They need to see a report in the paper.
7. In the first section, what was the nickname of the killer?
(a) Vampire Killer.
(b) Walking Killer.
(c) Blood Thirsty Killer.
(d) Cold Blooded Killer.
8. The BSU decided to study people who got __________ satisfaction from killing, raping, and molesting people.
9. According to Ressler, rehabilitation is ______________for serial killers.
(a) Never tried.
(c) Well documented.
(d) Always possible.
10. As children, many serial killers grow up __________, so they tend to create their own personal fantasy world.
(a) On their own.
(c) Immersed in books.
(d) With families.
11. How old was the little girl that was abducted and killed during the time Ressler was a boy?
12. What was the nickname assigned to David Berkowitz when he was actively killing people?
(a) Dark Soul.
(b) Zodiac Killer.
(c) Black Night.
(d) Son of Sam.
13. Ressler suspected that the killer was someone who was local and liked to read ________________.
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Children's stories.
(c) Dirty books.
(d) Celebrity magazines.
14. Around ________ of killers reported some kind of early sexual abuse, often rape, by a family member.
15. Who eventually recruited Ressler to come to work for them?
(a) President's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ressler when he first created his own detective agency in order to catch a killer?
2. The lack of __________ from others in the family might lead the child to have serious mental defects.
3. What had been stolen from the family that was the next to suffer in the serial killing spree?
4. What was the experience Ressler had that allowed him to get out of the Kemper interview without being hurt?
5. According to David Berkowitz's testimony, who told him to go out and kill?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)