|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ressler proposed an idea for a ____________ research project, though it was initially turned down by the FBI.
(a) Criminal personality.
(b) Serial killer.
2. What was the sentence for John when he was convicted of his crimes?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
3. What did Joubert want Ressler to give to him in order to enjoy those moments again?
(a) A diary.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Crime scene photos.
(d) The crime scene evidence.
4. What is the distinction that Ressler makes for this murderer, according to his own description?
5. Ressler began to teach others in the department about the ___________ of serial killers, hoping that the more they understood them, the easier it would be to catch them.
(a) Financial status.
(b) Home life.
6. There is only one suspected ________ serial killer, and Ressler isn't sure that this is actually the right definition.
7. Charles Manson got others to murder for him, plying them with ________ and with adoration.
8. Disorganized killers have very different _______ histories than organized killers might.
9. Almost all serial killers come from ____________ families, though they might not have a poor background.
10. Serial killers are often obsessed with their ________, thinking about them for days or weeks before they occur.
11. Of what group is Richard Ressler the head when he is called in by Russ Vorpagel to help with a murder?
12. What is the name of the person whom Ressler interviewed that was guilty for the murder of Robert Kennedy?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(c) Sirhan Sirhan.
(d) Charles Manson.
13. What was NOT one of the pieces of evidence that was found in the murderer's home?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Pictures of the victims.
(c) The murderer himself.
(d) Bloody rags.
14. Who was famous because of his odd behavior in public and the extreme nature of his crimes?
(a) Tim Gacy.
(b) David Berkowitz.
(c) Charles Manson.
(d) Ted Bundy.
15. Whom did Ressler stop interviewing because he thought the killer was just trying to extend his sentence?
(a) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(b) Charles Manson.
(c) John Gacy.
(d) Ted Bundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might a disorganized killer use in a kitchen if they were going to kill someone?
2. According to Ressler, rehabilitation is ______________for serial killers.
3. Richard Speck seems to have wanted to kill others for ______, rather than for any other reason.
4. Who eventually recruited Ressler to come to work for them?
5. What does Ressler also find that the murderer might have done with the victim's blood?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)