Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1 The Vampire Killer)
Chapter 1 The Vampire Killer
Robert Ressler is a Behavioral Science Unit professional who creates profiles for murderers in order to help in solving the criminal cases. Today's objectives are to discuss the job of Ressler and how students feel about the idea of profiling criminals.
1) Creative Writing: Have each student create their own personal profile.
2) Group Work: In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think profiling is a practice that has merit.
3) Class Discussion: As a class, have the students discuss the pros and cons of profiling. What might cause a profile to be inaccurate? Is it possible for profiling to be exact? What do students think about Ressler and his ability to create profiles of criminals?
4) Homework: Have each student write a paragraph discussing the ways that profiling can help the police.
5) Homework: Have students write about a time when they assumed things...
This section contains 5,377 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)