|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the revisions of the scriptures not convincing before 70 C.E.?
2. What does Mack claim about Paul's letters to Colossians and Ephesians?
3. What does Mack believe the authors intended to convey by having Peter and James defend Paul's ideas about Jewish law?
4. What does Mack claim the Bible is the story of?
5. What does Mack say about the letter of Jude?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the response of the Jews to the destruction of the second-temple establishment in Jerusalem to that of the Christians. How did each side react, and why? What similarities are there, and what differences? What accounts for any similar responses? What accounts for their differences? Why did each side respond as they did?
Essay Topic 2
List and discuss the three layers of the Gospel of Q. be sure to describe each in detail, and explain both what they describe, as well as their historical impact. Why was each written? What does each discuss? What are the seven blocks of Q1? Why are they called the Gospel of Q? How do the Q Gospels compare to the statements of the Cynics? What was added with Q3?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Didache, in detail. What is it? Where was it located? What is it a part of, and why? What does it contain? What features does Mack note are of particular interest? How does the Didache relate to Judaism? Why is this important to understanding the state of Christianity in the early second century?
This section contains 1,690 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)