Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the revisions of the scriptures not convincing before 70 C.E.?
2. What does Mack claim about Paul's letters to Colossians and Ephesians?
3. What does Mack believe the authors intended to convey by having Peter and James defend Paul's ideas about Jewish law?
4. What does Mack claim the Bible is the story of?
5. What does Mack say about the letter of Jude?
Compare and contrast two of the following Gospels. Be sure to include the time of the writing, the location, the portrayal of Jesus, the use of other documents to form a basis, and the individual additions of each author to the main story line. How are the two similar, and how are they different?
*The Gospel of Mark
*The Gospel of Matthew
*The Gospel of Luke
Compare and contrast the response of the Jews to the destruction of the second-temple establishment in Jerusalem to that of the Christians. How did each side react, and why? What similarities are there, and what differences? What accounts for any similar responses? What accounts for their differences? Why did each side respond as they did?
Discuss, in depth, the three concerns written about in the treatise that is the Epistle to the Hebrews. What three concerns does the author either discuss openly, or imply? Why were these particular concerns? What had happened in society that caused these concerns? How did the letter address these concerns? How are these concerns interrelated, according to Mack? What does Mack claim this shows the author was trying to do? Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)