|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim the author of Acts found, in terms of an answer to what Christianity owed to Jewish history?
(a) The laws of purity.
(b) The Christ myth.
(c) The concept of sacrifice.
(d) A reliance on righteousness.
2. What does Mack argue the Gospel of Matthew is a document for?
(a) The Christ cult.
(b) Jewish Christianity.
3. Who first discussed the twelve disciples?
4. What does Mack claim about Paul's letters to Colossians and Ephesians?
(a) They did not truly exist.
(b) They are not authentic.
(c) They are attempts to sabotage his name.
(d) They are filled with lies.
5. What does Mack claim the Bible is the story of?
(a) The history of Christ.
(b) God's love for the Jews.
(c) The history of the world.
(d) God's purposes for humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the star from Chapter 13 to the end of the Acts of the Apostles?
2. What does Mack claim about Justin's treatise to the Jews?
3. What does Mack argue the Letter to the Hebrews is, in reality?
4. How did Mark portray Jesus?
5. What does Mack argue the author of the letters to the Hebrews is saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major points of the sermons contained in the Acts, according to Mack?
2. What are the three concerns underlying the treatise to the Hebrews?
3. What are the three themes that dominate the story of Jesus and his resurrection in the Gospel of Luke?
4. What is Mack's argument about why John wrote Revelations?
5. What was Valentinus' story of the tragedy of the birth of the world?
6. What were the common values contained in both the temple system of sacrifice and the family system of rituals that allowed the translation of one into the other?
7. Describe Mack's observations about James as an author in the first three centuries.
8. What were the two key arguments that the centrists tried to use against the non-centrist positions of Valentinus and Marcion?
9. What does Mack say about the "overwhelming concern" in the Didache about the practice of alms, gift giving, and supporting those who ask for hand outs?
10. What are the four types of miracle interpretation occurring in the Gospel of John?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)