|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first act in Valentinus' cosmic drama?
(a) Man was created.
(b) The world was destroyed.
(c) Man was destroyed.
(d) The world was created.
2. Why were the revisions of the scriptures not convincing before 70 C.E.?
(a) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Roman empire.
(b) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the second-temple Jerusalem.
(c) They could not match the logic that the epic was for Jesus.
(d) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Greek state.
3. Who does Mack claim most of the sermons in the Acts of the Apostles are written for?
(d) Roman rulers.
4. What does Mack claim about Paul's letters to Colossians and Ephesians?
(a) They did not truly exist.
(b) They are attempts to sabotage his name.
(c) They are not authentic.
(d) They are filled with lies.
5. What do the sermons in the Acts attempt to do?
(a) Validate God.
(b) Validate the rights of the Jews.
(c) Validate the authority of the disciples.
(d) Validate the claims of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mack argue Jesus' death is qualitatively different from all other deaths of the prophets?
2. What did Justin argue to the Romans about Christianity?
3. What was the core objective of the epic of Israel through the end of the second temple?
4. Why did the book of Hebrews not succeed?
5. What is the only feature that all Christian religions have in common?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)