|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack argue the Gospel of Matthew is a document for?
(b) The Christ cult.
(d) Jewish Christianity.
2. What do the sermons in the Acts attempt to do?
(a) Validate God.
(b) Validate the claims of Jesus.
(c) Validate the authority of the disciples.
(d) Validate the rights of the Jews.
3. What does Mack claim both Marcion and Valentinus offered?
(a) An ancient way to view God.
(b) A way to avoid God.
(c) A new way to view God.
(d) A revised way to view God.
4. What does Mack argue is the point of Paul's letters to Timothy and Titus?
(a) For people to follow the gospel and the instructions of the Romans.
(b) For people to follow the gospel and the instructions of God.
(c) For people to follow the gospel and the instructions of the overseer.
(d) For people to follow the gospel and the instructions of Jesus.
5. Who began to give an account of the new religion to Greeks, Romans, and others?
(a) Roman rulers.
(b) Local Bishops.
(c) Christian intellectuals.
(d) Jewish intellectuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mark portray Jesus?
2. What is the term for "a small group of writings believes to have been written by bishops and others" who knew the apostles?
3. What is different about Peter in comparison to Jude?
4. What were the disciple teachers known as?
5. What two sources does Mack claim Matthew used for his gospel?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)