|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the revisions of the scriptures not convincing before 70 C.E.?
(a) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Greek state.
(b) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Roman empire.
(c) They could not match the logic that the epic was for Jesus.
(d) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the second-temple Jerusalem.
2. Where did Justin claim the Greek philosophers received their wisdom?
(a) From Abraham.
(b) From the Greek gods.
(c) From Moses.
(d) From the people.
3. What does Mack claim the author of Acts found, in terms of an answer to what Christianity owed to Jewish history?
(a) The concept of sacrifice.
(b) A reliance on righteousness.
(c) The laws of purity.
(d) The Christ myth.
4. What is contained in 1 Clement?
(a) Instructions for congregations.
(b) The story of Jesus.
(c) Sayings of Jesus.
(d) An admonishment to Corinth congregations.
5. Who is the star from Chapter 13 to the end of the Acts of the Apostles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack argue the Letter to the Hebrews is, in reality?
2. What does Mack argue the author of the letters to the Hebrews is saying?
3. What did Justin say about the treatment of the Jews by God, in terms of the fall of the temple and the diaspora?
4. What word is used to imply the significance of the miracle stories in the Gospel of John?
5. Where did the writer of the gospel of Luke write the gospel, according to Mack?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)