Short Answer Key
Prologue: The Mystique of Sacred Scripture
1. Why does Mack claim groups are forming outside the boundaries of religion to study the Bible?
They hope to discover fundamental truths from the past.
2. Why does Mack claim the Bible is constantly consulted?
It is highly important to religious institutions.
3. Why does Mack claim Columbus studied the Bible?
To plan his voyages.
4. What was contained in the "Jefferson Bible"?
Only the teachings of Jesus.
5. What does the term Judeo-Christian mean?
6. What does Mack claim happens when a person brings in a Biblical position to an argument of social discussion?
All thinking and reasonable discussion stops.
7. Why does Mack state that people become silent when confronted with Biblical information?
There is little public knowledge about the Bible.
8. What does Mack claim is the link that gives the Christian Bible logic and force?...
This section contains 2,968 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)