|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Fascination of the Bible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim about the various groups that formed in the schools of Jesus?
(a) They were experimental.
(b) They were sent by God.
(c) They were disciples of Jesus.
(d) They were dangerous.
2. Where does evidence for the Christ cult come from?
(a) The Sayings of Q.
(b) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
(c) The Gospel of Thomas.
(d) Letters of Paul written in the 50s.
3. What does Mack note is mythmaking on a cosmic scale, in terms of the Christ hymn in Philippians 2:6-11?
(a) The reference to Jesus as son of God.
(b) The reference to Jesus as lord.
(c) The reference to Jesus as a martyr.
(d) The concept of Jesus as a religious leader.
4. Why were the revisions of the scriptures not convincing before 70 C.E.?
(a) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the second-temple Jerusalem.
(b) They could not match the logic that the epic was for Jesus.
(c) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Roman empire.
(d) They could not match the logic that the epic was for the Greek state.
5. It is as important for the disciples to be apostles as it is for Jesus to be ___________________.
(a) The Christ.
(b) Son of man.
(d) Son of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose stories are mimicked in the Miracle Stories?
2. Where did Justin claim the Greek philosophers received their wisdom?
3. What does Mack claim was added to John 19:35?
4. Which group makes up the fifth of the Jesus Movements?
5. What was the Greek concept of civilization?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)