|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Fascination of the Bible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words came to represent the debate between power and the divine law of nature?
(a) King and tyrant.
(b) Power and nature.
(c) Nature and tyrants.
(d) Priests and rulers.
2. What does Mack note the Corinthians are the first example of?
(a) A congregation gone awry.
(b) A congregation of Paul's disciples.
(c) A Hellenistic, urban congregation.
(d) A congregation of Jews.
3. What does Mack claim happens when a person brings in a Biblical position to an argument of social discussion?
(a) People become bored.
(b) People become angry.
(c) All thinking and reasonable discussion stops.
(d) All religious history is brought up.
4. What does Mack claim about the various groups that formed in the schools of Jesus?
(a) They were dangerous.
(b) They were sent by God.
(c) They were disciples of Jesus.
(d) They were experimental.
5. How did early Christians think of their world?
(a) As a kingdom of God.
(b) As a tomb.
(c) As a cosmos.
(d) As a social formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Jewish story of the persecuted sage also called?
2. What is contained in 1 Clement?
3. What was Valentinus' claim about what Christ made possible, in terms of knowledge of God?
4. How does John portray Jesus, according to Mack?
5. What does Paul ask Philemon to do with Onesimus?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)