|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Fascination of the Bible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Centrists seek to prove to the challengers?
(a) That the Christian God was the same as the Jewish God.
(b) That God did not exist.
(c) That God cared only for the Jews.
(d) That the Christian God was not the same as the Jewish God.
2. What does the term "Christ" imply?
(a) That Jesus was God.
(b) That Jesus was approved by God.
(c) That Jesus was the son of God.
(d) That Jesus was mortal.
3. Whose conversion eventually led to the creation of the New Testament?
4. Who defended the centrist Christian position from those who challenged it?
(c) Justin Martyr.
5. What is the only feature that all Christian religions have in common?
(a) Prayers to Mary.
(b) Alms for the poor.
(c) Prayers for the sick.
(d) Reliance on the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack argue the Gospel of Matthew is a document for?
2. What does each of these movements attempt to link Jesus to, according to Mack?
3. What does Mack claim is the purpose of the Miracle Stories of Mark?
4. Why were issues such as homosexuality a source of cultural conflict?
5. What term replaced "disciples"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)