|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Fascination of the Bible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notion does Mack believe generated enough excitement to influence the formation of different Jesus groups?
(a) The kingdom of God.
(b) The power of Jesus.
(c) The power of the state.
(d) The concept of Jesus as son of God.
2. What does Mack believe the authors intended to convey by having Peter and James defend Paul's ideas about Jewish law?
(a) That the Christian message was not meant for gentiles.
(b) That the Christian message was meant for Jews.
(c) That the Christian message was meant for gentiles.
(d) That the Christian message was not meant for Jews.
3. What did Justin say about the treatment of the Jews by God, in terms of the fall of the temple and the diaspora?
(a) They deserved it because they were wrong.
(b) They deserved it because they were corrupt.
(c) They deserved it because they were not Christian.
(d) They deserved it because they were bad people.
4. Who were the super apostles at Corinth?
(a) The Pillars of Jerusalem.
(b) Hebrews and Israelites.
(c) Disciples of Paul.
(d) Jews and Protestants.
5. What did Paul stress was important, since they were "members of Christ"?
(a) The spirit.
(b) The soul.
(c) The body.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the myth of Jesus' death and resurrection rooted in, according to Mack?
2. What does Mack claim is the power of the Bible?
3. What does Mack claim about the authors of the sections in the New Testament?
4. What does Carsten Thiede claim about the Magdalen fragments?
5. Why does Mack claim groups are forming outside the boundaries of religion to study the Bible?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)