|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Fascination of the Bible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul ask Philemon to do with Onesimus?
(a) Receive him without punishment.
(b) Punish him as God would punish him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Send him into exile.
2. What did the temple at Jerusalem serve as, in terms of a symbol?
(a) It was the symbol of Jewish presence.
(b) It was the symbol of peace.
(c) It was the symbol of Jesus.
(d) It was the symbol of God.
3. What does Mack note is mythmaking on a cosmic scale, in terms of the Christ hymn in Philippians 2:6-11?
(a) The reference to Jesus as son of God.
(b) The reference to Jesus as lord.
(c) The concept of Jesus as a religious leader.
(d) The reference to Jesus as a martyr.
4. What does Mack claim the Bible is the story of?
(a) God's love for the Jews.
(b) God's purposes for humankind.
(c) The history of Christ.
(d) The history of the world.
5. What is a Christ hymn?
(a) A genre of praise poetry.
(b) A song specifically geared toward Jesus.
(c) A song specifically geared toward God.
(d) A genre of poetry to the angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Valentinus' claim about what Christ made possible, in terms of knowledge of God?
2. Who was the leader of the empire who tried to have his images placed in the temple of Jerusalem?
3. In the temple-state model of civilization, what system does the priest represent?
4. In the temple-state model of civilization, what system does the king represent?
5. What does Mack claim was added to John 19:35?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)