|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Claiming Israel's Epic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words came to represent the debate between power and the divine law of nature?
(a) King and tyrant.
(b) Priests and rulers.
(c) Power and nature.
(d) Nature and tyrants.
2. Who began to give an account of the new religion to Greeks, Romans, and others?
(a) Christian intellectuals.
(b) Jewish intellectuals.
(c) Roman rulers.
(d) Local Bishops.
3. Who were the super apostles at Corinth?
(a) The Pillars of Jerusalem.
(b) Hebrews and Israelites.
(c) Jews and Protestants.
(d) Disciples of Paul.
4. What two Gods from different cultures were seen to be the same?
(a) Osiris and Isis.
(b) Philo and Alexandria.
(c) Hermes and Thoth.
(d) Athena and Zeus.
5. How does John portray Jesus, according to Mack?
(a) As the spirit of God.
(b) As a powerful ruler.
(c) As a cosmic Lord.
(d) As a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jesus from?
2. In the temple-state model of civilization, what system does the priest represent?
3. What does Mack claim the author of the Acts of the Apostles set out to show?
4. What does Mack claim about the image of Christ asking his disciples to eat and drink of him?
5. What two notions was Paul caught between in the question of what to do with those already dead?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)