|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Claiming Israel's Epic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was contained in the "Jefferson Bible"?
(a) Only the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Only the Books of the Prophets.
(c) Only the creation myths.
(d) Only the sections prior to the New Testament.
2. What does the Didache contain?
(a) Instructions for congregations.
(b) The Commandments.
(c) The Gospel of Thomas.
(d) Sayings of Jesus.
3. What was the first act in Valentinus' cosmic drama?
(a) The world was destroyed.
(b) Man was destroyed.
(c) The world was created.
(d) Man was created.
4. What are sophists?
(a) Paid members of the Church.
(b) Wandering teachers who offered insights and knowledge.
(c) Believers in the Jewish faith.
(d) Teachers of religious theory in schools.
5. What does Mack claim about the image of Christ asking his disciples to eat and drink of him?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It is imaginary.
(c) It is literary.
(d) It is historical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gospel of Matthew argue Jesus' teachings were based on?
2. What does Mack claim the author of Acts found, in terms of an answer to what Christianity owed to Jewish history?
3. What three figures did Paul bring together to combat the concept that the divine spirit was all that mattered?
4. What does Mack argue John was worried about, which resulted in his authorship of Revelations?
5. How many books of the New Testament is Paul responsible for, according to Mack?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)