|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Claiming Israel's Epic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contained in 1 Clement?
(a) Sayings of Jesus.
(b) Instructions for congregations.
(c) The story of Jesus.
(d) An admonishment to Corinth congregations.
2. What did early people think their society was based on?
(a) The model of the Church.
(b) The model of the Jewish state.
(c) The model of the universe.
(d) The model of the gods.
3. Why does Mack claim the Bible was important by the end of the fourth century?
(a) It gave the Church credentials in the eyes of early Christians.
(b) It gave the Church credentials for a role in the history of Israel.
(c) It gave the Church credentials for a role in Constantine's empire.
(d) It gave the Church credentials for a role in Jewish history.
4. Which group makes up the fifth of the Jesus Movements?
(a) The disciples of Thomas.
(b) The People of Q.
(c) The Jewish.
(d) The Pillars in Jerusalem
5. What did the temple at Jerusalem serve as, in terms of a symbol?
(a) It was the symbol of God.
(b) It was the symbol of Jewish presence.
(c) It was the symbol of peace.
(d) It was the symbol of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark's gospel do to the disciples that the story of Q did not?
2. Who first discussed the twelve disciples?
3. What does Mack claim happens when a person brings in a Biblical position to an argument of social discussion?
4. What did Justin say about the treatment of the Jews by God, in terms of the fall of the temple and the diaspora?
5. What is featured in the Gospel of Thomas that is missing in the Book of Q?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)