|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Claiming Israel's Epic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim is the link that gives the Christian Bible logic and force?
(a) The link between the Jewish scriptures of the Old Testament, and the Catholic Church.
(b) The link between the Jewish temple, and the New Testament.
(c) The link between the Jewish scriptures of the Old Testament, and the New Testament.
(d) The link between the Protestant Bible and the Apocrypha.
2. What does Mack note is mythmaking on a cosmic scale, in terms of the Christ hymn in Philippians 2:6-11?
(a) The reference to Jesus as son of God.
(b) The reference to Jesus as lord.
(c) The reference to Jesus as a martyr.
(d) The concept of Jesus as a religious leader.
3. What were some artifacts that helped preserve one's culture?
(a) Language and writing.
(b) Gestures and behaviors.
(c) Temples and cities.
(d) Books, statues, and symbols.
4. What does Mack claim about Justin's treatise to the Jews?
(a) It was made up by the Jews.
(b) No one ever read it.
(c) Justin never wrote it.
(d) No Jew ever listened to it.
5. What feature of the Christ cult does Mack claim Paul found irresistible?
(a) The concept of a group dedicated to Jesus and the Jewish codes of cleanliness.
(b) The concept of an unmixed social group.
(c) The concept of a social group with mixed ethnicity and social status.
(d) The concept of a social group of only the lower class.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jesus Movements start in Galilee?
2. What feature of the Jerusalem group allows readers to build a profile?
3. Where did Justin claim the Greek philosophers received their wisdom?
4. What was Paul's first argument against the idea that Christians should practice Jewish law?
5. What is different about Peter in comparison to Jude?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)