|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Letters from the Apostles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paul's' letter to the Romans different from his other letters?
(a) He wrote the Romans to ask for funding.
(b) The letter was written in anger.
(c) The letter was not written by Paul.
(d) He wrote the Romans for different reasons.
2. How many books of the New Testament is Paul responsible for, according to Mack?
(a) Over one half.
(d) All of them.
3. What is a Christ hymn?
(a) A genre of poetry to the angels.
(b) A song specifically geared toward God.
(c) A song specifically geared toward Jesus.
(d) A genre of praise poetry.
4. What are sophists?
(a) Believers in the Jewish faith.
(b) Wandering teachers who offered insights and knowledge.
(c) Teachers of religious theory in schools.
(d) Paid members of the Church.
5. What does Paul ask Philemon to do with Onesimus?
(a) Punish him as God would punish him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Send him into exile.
(d) Receive him without punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did early people think their society was based on?
2. What were the disciple teachers known as?
3. What problem did Paul define as the human problem?
4. What does Mack suggest as a reason that Mark was overly critical of the disciples of Jerusalem?
5. What two systems helped define the temple-state?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)