|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Paul's Letters to the Greeks and Romans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim about the Book of Isaiah?
(a) It was the same as the information in the Christ hymn.
(b) It did not exist.
(c) It was not used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
(d) It was used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
2. Who were the Judaizers?
(a) Jewish Christian missionaries who disagreed with Paul's freedom from the law gospel.
(b) Jewish missionaries who disagreed with Christianity.
(c) Jewish Christian missionaries who agreed with Paul's freedom from the law gospel.
(d) Christian missionaries who sought to bring about the end of the Jews.
3. What does the passage in Romans 3:21-26 say about why Jesus' death was effective?
(a) Because he was the son of God.
(b) Because he was a sinner.
(c) Because he was justified.
(d) Because he was faithful.
4. Why does Mack claim the Bible is constantly consulted?
(a) It is the only book of God.
(b) It is highly important to religious institutions.
(c) It is important to our politicians.
(d) People require it for their faith.
5. What does Mack claim the Christ hymn was the result of?
(a) A burning desire for a personal Deity.
(b) A lie by the disciples.
(c) A vision of Paul.
(d) A conflict of authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term Judeo-Christian mean?
2. What does Mack claim about the image of Christ asking his disciples to eat and drink of him?
3. When did Jesus Movements start in Galilee?
4. Whose stories are mimicked in the Miracle Stories?
5. What concept was important to the Jewish temple-state, the Greek polis, and the Roman system of government?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)