|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Paul's Letters to the Greeks and Romans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Christ hymn?
(a) A song specifically geared toward Jesus.
(b) A genre of poetry to the angels.
(c) A song specifically geared toward God.
(d) A genre of praise poetry.
2. Why does Mack state that people become silent when confronted with Biblical information?
(a) There is little public knowledge about the Bible.
(b) There is too much public knowledge about the Bible.
(c) People are afraid to be incorrect in their interpretations of the Bible.
(d) People have too much time invested in the study of the Bible.
3. In the temple-state model of civilization, what system does the priest represent?
4. How did the Christ cult differ form the Jesus movement?
(a) It focused on Jesus' life and his teachings.
(b) It focused on Jesus' death and his teachings.
(c) It focused on Jesus' death and celebrated his spirit.
(d) It focused on Jesus' life and celebrated his spirit.
5. What does Mack claim happens when a person brings in a Biblical position to an argument of social discussion?
(a) All thinking and reasonable discussion stops.
(b) All religious history is brought up.
(c) People become bored.
(d) People become angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mack believe the stories in the New Testament were chosen to be included?
2. What are sophists?
3. What does the passage in Romans 3:21-26 say about why Jesus' death was effective?
4. What was the Stoic recommendation for personal virtue?
5. What does Mack suggest the taking up of residence in Jerusalem signifies for the group?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)