|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Paul's Letters to the Greeks and Romans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jesus from?
2. What were some artifacts that helped preserve one's culture?
(a) Language and writing.
(b) Temples and cities.
(c) Books, statues, and symbols.
(d) Gestures and behaviors.
3. How many layers of the Gospel Q exist?
4. When did Jesus Movements start in Galilee?
(a) During the 30s of the first century.
(b) In the late first century.
(c) During the 20s of the second century.
(d) At the end of the last century, B.C.E.
5. What was the Stoic recommendation for personal virtue?
(a) That man could never learn what was naturally right.
(b) That man should avoid what was naturally right.
(c) That man could only pretend to know what was naturally right.
(d) That man could learn what was naturally right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two activities Mack gives credit to in terms of the creation of Christian beliefs?
2. What three figures did Paul bring together to combat the concept that the divine spirit was all that mattered?
3. What does the term Judeo-Christian mean?
4. What two words came to represent the debate between power and the divine law of nature?
5. What was the Greek concept of civilization?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)