|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Paul and His Gospels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some artifacts that helped preserve one's culture?
(a) Temples and cities.
(b) Books, statues, and symbols.
(c) Gestures and behaviors.
(d) Language and writing.
2. What was the Stoic recommendation for personal virtue?
(a) That man could only pretend to know what was naturally right.
(b) That man could never learn what was naturally right.
(c) That man should avoid what was naturally right.
(d) That man could learn what was naturally right.
3. What does Mack claim was the slogan for Paul's gospel?
(a) Freedom from the law.
(b) Freedom from sin.
(c) Freedom from persecution.
(d) Freedom from exile.
4. What does Mack believe the figure of Jesus became with the Pronouncement Stories?
(a) A mystic.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Interpreter of the law.
(d) A martyr.
5. What does the term Judeo-Christian mean?
(a) Biblical tradition.
(b) Common tradition.
(c) Local tradition.
(d) Temple tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul assure the Thessalonians in terms of "those who had died"?
2. Where was Jesus from?
3. What did the Greek model of civilization give rise to?
4. What does the passage in Romans 3:21-26 say about why Jesus' death was effective?
5. What is the Jewish story of the persecuted sage also called?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)