|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Paul and His Gospels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term Judeo-Christian mean?
(a) Common tradition.
(b) Biblical tradition.
(c) Temple tradition.
(d) Local tradition.
2. What does Mack claim is the purpose of the Miracle Stories of Mark?
(a) To explain the supernatural powers of the disciples.
(b) To create the impression of a divine power.
(c) To explain historic facts of Jesus.
(d) To describe the wonders of faith.
3. What does Mack note is mythmaking on a cosmic scale, in terms of the Christ hymn in Philippians 2:6-11?
(a) The reference to Jesus as a martyr.
(b) The reference to Jesus as son of God.
(c) The concept of Jesus as a religious leader.
(d) The reference to Jesus as lord.
4. What does Mack say the Christ cult laid the foundation for?
(a) A battle between the Christ cult and the Jesus movements.
(b) A Roman-Christian war.
(c) The Church.
(d) A distinctly Christian mentality.
5. What was Paul's view on circumcision for the Gentiles?
(a) Paul felt there was no need to circumcise the Gentiles.
(b) Paul let the pillars of Jerusalem answer the question of circumcision.
(c) Paul felt the Gentiles should be circumcised.
(d) Paul never answered the question of circumcision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack claim is the reason for the many portrayals of Jesus?
2. What were some artifacts that helped preserve one's culture?
3. Why does Mack claim that the Jesus cult succeeded?
4. Where was Jesus from?
5. What does Carsten Thiede claim about the Magdalen fragments?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)