|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Paul and His Gospels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books of the New Testament is Paul responsible for, according to Mack?
(c) Over one half.
(d) All of them.
2. What does Mack claim about the Book of Isaiah?
(a) It was used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
(b) It was the same as the information in the Christ hymn.
(c) It did not exist.
(d) It was not used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
3. What became the sign of belonging to the new fellowship that became the Christ cult?
(a) Praying together.
(b) Fighting together.
(c) Singing together.
(d) Eating together.
4. What is the Jewish story of the persecuted sage also called?
(a) Story of the wisdom's child.
(b) Story of the resurrection.
(c) Story of the Maccabee.
(d) Story of the Cynics.
5. What does Mack believe the figure of Jesus became with the Pronouncement Stories?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A mystic.
(c) Interpreter of the law.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mack state that people become silent when confronted with Biblical information?
2. What does Mack say the Christ cult laid the foundation for?
3. What is featured in the Gospel of Thomas that is missing in the Book of Q?
4. What was Paul's view on circumcision for the Gentiles?
5. Who did Paul argue was the seed of Abraham?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)