|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Paul and His Gospels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pillars in the Jerusalem group do that other Jesus movements do not?
(a) Adhere to the Jewish purity codes.
(b) Believe in the creation myth.
(c) Disobey Jewish purity codes.
(d) Believe in the concept of Jesus as a god.
2. What feature of the Jerusalem group allows readers to build a profile?
(a) The leaders' political ambitions are known.
(b) The leaders' home states are known.
(c) The leaders' names are known.
(d) The leaders' religions are known.
3. What does Mack suggest as a reason that Mark was overly critical of the disciples of Jerusalem?
(a) They disobeyed the Jewish purity codes.
(b) They believed in the concept of Jesus as God.
(c) They adhered to the Jewish purity codes.
(d) They believed in the creation myth.
4. When did Jesus Movements start in Galilee?
(a) At the end of the last century, B.C.E.
(b) In the late first century.
(c) During the 30s of the first century.
(d) During the 20s of the second century.
5. What does Mack claim about the Book of Isaiah?
(a) It was used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
(b) It did not exist.
(c) It was not used as a source for the imagery in the Christ hymn.
(d) It was the same as the information in the Christ hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul assure the Thessalonians in terms of "those who had died"?
2. What was Paul's view on circumcision for the Gentiles?
3. What does Carsten Thiede claim about the Magdalen fragments?
4. Where did the Jesus movement begin their change to the Christ cult?
5. How did the Christ cult differ form the Jesus movement?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)