|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Teachings From the Jesus Movements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim the Jews had done since the time of David and Solomon?
(a) Participated in social change.
(b) Lied about their origins to gain social standing.
(c) Recounted their original epic history to retain truth.
(d) Revised their epic history.
2. What does Mack suggest the taking up of residence in Jerusalem signifies for the group?
(a) A disrespect for Jewish tradition.
(b) A loyalty to the Pharisee.
(c) A religious agenda.
(d) A political agenda.
3. Which of the layers of Q is least embellished?
(a) The third.
(b) The first.
(c) The second.
(d) The fifth.
4. What do the pillars in the Jerusalem group do that other Jesus movements do not?
(a) Adhere to the Jewish purity codes.
(b) Disobey Jewish purity codes.
(c) Believe in the creation myth.
(d) Believe in the concept of Jesus as a god.
5. What was the Greek concept of civilization?
(a) The Church.
(b) The republic.
(c) The city-state.
(d) The temple-state.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jesus Movements start in Galilee?
2. How many layers of the Gospel Q exist?
3. Why does Mack claim Columbus studied the Bible?
4. Whose stories are mimicked in the Miracle Stories?
5. What is contained in the Gospel of Thomas?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)