|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Claiming Israel's Epic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would eternal life be obtained, according the Mack's depiction of Paul's letters to the Thessalonians?
(a) In death.
(b) In accepting Christ.
(d) At the end of time.
2. What does Mack suggest as a reason that Mark was overly critical of the disciples of Jerusalem?
(a) They believed in the concept of Jesus as God.
(b) They disobeyed the Jewish purity codes.
(c) They adhered to the Jewish purity codes.
(d) They believed in the creation myth.
3. What is a Christ hymn?
(a) A genre of poetry to the angels.
(b) A genre of praise poetry.
(c) A song specifically geared toward Jesus.
(d) A song specifically geared toward God.
4. Where did the Jesus movement begin their change to the Christ cult?
(a) Southern Syria.
(b) Northern Syria.
(c) Eastern Syria.
(d) Western Syria.
5. Which of the layers of Q is least embellished?
(a) The second.
(b) The fifth.
(c) The third.
(d) The first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack claim about the Book of Isaiah?
2. When do scholars place the writing of the Gospel of John?
3. Why does Mack call the Christ cult the first Christians?
4. Where did Justin claim the Greek philosophers received their wisdom?
5. What does Mack argue Paul saw the Christ myth as, in terms of the State of Israel?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)