|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Visions of the Cosmic Lord.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two systems helped define the temple-state?
(a) Salvation and logic.
(b) Power and cruelty.
(c) Purity and salvation.
(d) Power and purity.
2. What two notions was Paul caught between in the question of what to do with those already dead?
(a) The Jewish notion of the spirit and the Greek concept of the body.
(b) The Jewish notion of faith and the Greek concept of religion.
(c) The Jewish concept of purity and the Greek concept of divinity.
(d) The Jewish notion of resurrection and the Greek concept of immortality.
3. What does Mack claim was the slogan for Paul's gospel?
(a) Freedom from sin.
(b) Freedom from the law.
(c) Freedom from exile.
(d) Freedom from persecution.
4. What was Paul's first argument against the idea that Christians should practice Jewish law?
(a) That he has already won his position with the pillars of Jerusalem.
(b) That the Christians were Jesus' children.
(c) That the Christians were immune to the law of Jewish tradition.
(d) That the Jewish were unreasonable in their laws.
5. What two realms did the Corinthians combine?
(a) Greek philosophy and the Christ myth.
(b) The Christ myth and Jewish belief.
(c) Greek philosophy and Jewish belief.
(d) Jewish belief and Greek myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Paul argue was the seed of Abraham?
2. What does Mack claim is the reason for the many portrayals of Jesus?
3. Why did Paul tone down his views of the freedom of Christians?
4. In Revelations, who was found worthy enough to open the seven seals?
5. What were some artifacts that helped preserve one's culture?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)