|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Visions of the Cosmic Lord.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two Gods from different cultures were seen to be the same?
(a) Osiris and Isis.
(b) Hermes and Thoth.
(c) Athena and Zeus.
(d) Philo and Alexandria.
2. What does Paul assure the Thessalonians in terms of "those who had died"?
(a) That those who died with God will live with God.
(b) That those who died with God will never die.
(c) That those who died in sin would not be with God after death.
(d) That those who died before Christ could still be saved.
3. In the temple-state model of civilization, what system does the king represent?
4. What three figures did Paul bring together to combat the concept that the divine spirit was all that mattered?
(a) The heart, mind, and soul.
(b) The individual, Christ, and the congregation.
(c) The individual, Christ, and God.
(d) The mind, body, and soul.
5. What way did ethnic or cultural groups create small social units within the larger culture they found themselves in?
(a) They worked with one another.
(b) They met in educational institutions.
(c) They met in government.
(d) They created fellowships and associations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John portray Jesus, according to Mack?
2. What two notions was Paul caught between in the question of what to do with those already dead?
3. What was the Greek concept of civilization?
4. Why did Paul tone down his views of the freedom of Christians?
5. Which of the layers of Q is least embellished?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)