|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Inventing Apostolic Traditions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack claim the author of the Acts of the Apostles set out to show?
(a) Agreement between Christianity and Judaism.
(b) Agreement among the apostles.
(c) Disagreement among the apostles.
(d) Disagreement between Christianity and Judaism.
2. Where did the Jesus movement begin their change to the Christ cult?
(a) Northern Syria.
(b) Eastern Syria.
(c) Southern Syria.
(d) Western Syria.
3. What does the gospel of Matthew argue Jesus' teachings were based on?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The gospel of Mark.
(c) The gospel of Q.
(d) The gospel of Luke.
4. What is the term for "a small group of writings believes to have been written by bishops and others" who knew the apostles?
(c) Apostolic Fathers.
5. How did Mark portray Jesus?
(a) As a backdrop to Jewish scripture.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As a powerful authority figure.
(d) As a God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mack argue Jesus' death is qualitatively different from all other deaths of the prophets?
2. What did the Christ hymn imply about the domain of Jesus?
3. What is Ignatius' second appeal in his letters to the churches?
4. What is the Jewish story of the persecuted sage also called?
5. What does the Didache contain?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)