|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has science corroborated the fall of Lachish?
(a) carbon dating of rocks.
(b) discovery of scrolls mentioned in the Bible.
(c) archaeology done at Tyre and Sidon.
(d) modern archaeological excavations at this site.
2. In short, what is the difference in the two different accounts of events in Genesis?
(a) Author J was an enemy of author E.
(b) Author E lived many centuries before Author J.
(c) Author J had limited knowledge of Hebrew history.
(d) Author E favored Israel, while Author J favored Judah.
3. How does it appear that doublets have been treated to form the Bible?
(a) they have simply been ignored.
(b) they have been cut and reduced to make one story.
(c) the best one has been selected to include.
(d) they have been left out of the text.
4. Where does Friedman place Author E?
(a) in Egypt.
(b) in Babylon.
(c) in Israel.
(d) in Edom.
5. What does Friedman propose about Author J?
(a) that he came from Jerico.
(b) that he was not a Hebrew.
(c) that he lived in Judah.
(d) that he was a Levite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the pressure to unite under a King?
2. Who proposed three historical stages for the development of Israel?
3. What have scholars discovered about many stories in the Bible?
4. Where and when does Friedman place the writing of Deuteronomy?
5. What is the difference in the two writers approach to the ark of the covenant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King Jeroboam solidify his position after the kingdoms split into norther and southern kingdoms?
2. How did Hezekiah's son and grandson alter the reforms he had made?
3. What conclusion did Friedman wish to build a stronger case for?
4. How does the story of Moses smashing the tablets of stone tend to discredit the southern kingdom of Judah?
5. When was it discovered that at least two people authored parts of the Bible?
6. What are some of the measures David undertook to unite the twelve tribes after he became King?
7. What differentiated the reign of David and that of his son, King Solomon?
8. Discuss the period of time when the written compilation of the Bible as we have it today began.
9. Explain Friedman's reason for writing WHO WROTE THE BIBLE?.
10. What is the tie in between the Golden Calf idol made at the foot of mount Sinai and the images of the cherubim in both the northern and southern regions?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)