|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - 11 The Sacred Tent, P.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Davidic covenant after the invasion of the Babylonians?
(a) God had to be reminded of his promise to David.
(b) the king is no longer on the throne and the Temple is burned.
(c) a descendant of David is made governor of Judah.
(d) the Temple is rebuilt and a Davidic king is put in charge.
2. What does Friedman suggest the combination of the two writers symbolizes?
(a) the Babylonian captivity.
(b) the destruction of Jerusalem.
(c) the changes in Jewish thinking.
(d) the reuniting of the Jewish people.
3. What religious practice was done by Hezekiah's son and grandson?
(a) barring all religion altogether.
(b) back to the ways of following Assyrian religions.
(c) introduction of new religions.
(d) further reforms to solidify the position of Jerusalem.
4. When does the Davidic king, Zedekiah, lose the throne and become a prisoner in Babylon?
(a) 487 B.C.
(b) 722 B.C.
(c) 587 B.C.
(d) 777 B.C.
5. With all the people who have read and studied the Bible, what is one thing few of them know?
(a) what languages was it written in.
(b) how many pages are in it.
(c) where it was found.
(d) who wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Frank Moore Cross, a biblical scholar at Harvard University, argue against looking for an author of Deuteronomy after 587 B.C.?
2. Why did the idea that there were four authors of the Pentateuch meet with resistance among Christians and Jews?
3. What is Friedman's description of Author P?
4. What information comes from knowing who wrote the Bible and when it was written?
5. What is the status of Aaron in the narrative of Author E?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)