|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 A Priest in Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was clever about moving the capital from Judah to Jerusalem?
(a) Jerusalem represented a new beginning.
(b) Jerusalem was centrally located.
(c) Jerusalem did not belong to any tribe.
(d) Jerusalem was a thriving trade city.
2. Why are tribal references important in discovering the different authors?
(a) they read like the political divisions after King Solomon.
(b) they show which tribes each of the authors comes from.
(c) they certify the two authors' reliability.
(d) they indicate great knowledge of Hebrew history.
3. How does this change in the writing affect the Davidic Covenant?
(a) it changes the Covenant completely.
(b) it opens the way for a messiah.
(c) it provides a way for it to return on earth.
(d) it makes it null and void.
4. What does the revised text make clear about the exile?
(a) it is an inevitable result for a small kingdom.
(b) it could be avoided if Judah and Israel re-combine.
(c) it is not a destruction of the covenant of Moses.
(d) it is not a punishment.
5. What was the book priest Hilkiah said he found in the Temple?
(c) the Torah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the snake sculpture that Moses had built in the wilderness?
2. Why does Cross propose that Deuteronomy was written during the reign of King Josiah?
3. How did David solidify relationships with different important regions?
4. What are the tribes of Israel conquered by the Assyrians in 722 B.C.?
5. What do Henning Bernhard Witter, Jean Astruc, and Johann Gottfried Eichhorn have in common?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)