|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sets of books does Coach O have for Ben to read?
2. What book does Ben finish the Friday before Labor Day?
(a) Th first level 19 book.
(b) The last level 20 book.
(c) The first level 20 book.
(d) The last level 19 book.
3. Who comes and drives off the predator who attacked the Lady?
(a) The goat.
(b) The horses.
(d) The crows.
4. Which of the following trait does Theo NOT acquire?
(a) Drinking tidily like a duck.
(b) Being picky about his food.
(c) Being careful about his appearance.
(d) Having a high opinion of himself.
5. What does the name for lilac supposedly mean in Persian?
(a) Beautiful girl.
(b) Wonderous star.
(c) Clear sky.
(d) Scent of spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the song Ben learns, what is the moon?
2. How much of the business does Sir Louis advise Dick to buy?
3. How does the auctioneer at the livestock auction speak?
4. What kind of animal is Al interested in?
5. How big are duck eggs compared to bantam eggs?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ben talks to the animals in the barn about what his reading lessons were like, what do they all do?
2. What is Ben's plan to stay with his class?
3. What does the tabby from down the road bring to the barn?
4. What advice does Bernie tell Ben that the principal gave?
5. What effect do the bells have on Dick as he heads down the river to try to see Mary?
6. How does Ben react to the prospect of being sent to special ed classes?
7. What does the cat's former owner say when Dick Whittington offers to share his fortune?
8. What happens to Gent when autumn arrives?
9. What causes the ship to turn back after reaching Palermo?
10. What trip does Whittington say he must take?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)