|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
2. What does Bernie use to make a water dish for the black hen?
(a) A plastic cup.
(b) A bean can.
(c) A milk carton.
(d) A cereal bowl.
3. What color is Abby's hair?
4. What did Ben take before locking himself in the bathroom?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A book of matches.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A bottle of beer.
5. What did the rats kill the deckled gray for?
(a) Trying to protect an egg.
(b) The food in his craw.
(d) His meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rooster find by kicking away straw and dung?
2. What did Abby's mom tell her that the night was like once your eyes adjust?
3. What are the puddings the cook sometimes serves like?
4. What word does Ben ask Whittington to explain?
5. What do the rats ask for, in addition to safety from the cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Will Price get his scar?
2. What trouble does Ben have with the first word he learns?
3. What happened to Abby and Ben's parents?
4. What argument does the Lady give in favor of Whittington moving into the barn?
5. How was Whittington separated from his boy?
6. What does Whittington the cat look like?
7. How does Ben react when Gran gives him something to read?
8. What worries Abby about the chickens' spring eating habits?
9. What horse operation does Bernie describe seeing?
10. What reasons does Dick give the carriage driver to try to convince him to bring Dick to London?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)