|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does the Lady say her ancestors are?
2. What do the rats ask for, in addition to safety from the cat?
(a) A share of grain.
(b) Every other chicken egg.
(c) The right to come lay in the hay.
(d) Free passage into and out of the barn.
3. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
4. What does the stranger with the gold coin give to Dick?
(a) An apple.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) A letter.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. What do the rats call themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does the vet come in?
2. What color is Abby's hair?
3. What word does Ben ask Whittington to explain?
4. At Fitzwarren's, what does Dick eat for breakfast?
5. What birds cause the horses to tear around because the noise reminds them of crowds at the horse races?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the black hen act when Bernie examines her?
2. How does the captain react to Dick Whittington's cat?
3. What does Whittington slip off and do immediately after the first part of his story about Dick Whittington?
4. Who brought the horses' ancestors to the Americas, and why?
5. How did Will Price get his scar?
6. What reasons does Dick give the carriage driver to try to convince him to bring Dick to London?
7. What kind of reputation does Dick get at the London docks?
8. What horse operation does Bernie describe seeing?
9. What happens when the owl encounters Ben, Abby, Whittington, and the Lady?
10. What trouble does Ben have with the first word he learns?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)