|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Havey get exercise?
(a) By running round and round the barn while Bernie waters the animals.
(b) By running up and down the farm road to the barn.
(c) By running after rats and chickens.
(d) By chasing the Lady and nipping at the horses.
2. What does the Lady ask Abby to bring to the barn the next day?
(a) A book.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) A rat trap.
(d) A bag.
3. What vehicle does the vet come in?
(a) A red pickup.
(b) A blue sedan.
(c) A green station wagon.
(d) A black SUV.
4. Where does Whittington say Ben should sit for his reading lesson?
(a) Near the horses.
(b) Close to Abby.
(c) Out in the sun.
(d) On the highest hay bale.
5. How does Ben feel about the idea of going to Special Ed class?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He thinks it might be a good idea.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He hates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the puddings the cook sometimes serves like?
2. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
3. What part of the black hen is injured after she is revived?
4. What injury did the senior barn rat sustain from trying to gang up on the gray rooster?
5. At Fitzwarren's, what does Dick eat for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the fable the Lady tells, what does the rat save the lion from?
2. How does the black hen act when Bernie examines her?
3. What does the Lady tell Whittington about the horses, when Whittington first arrives in the barn?
4. What does Whittington the cat look like?
5. How does Whittington take his bath?
6. Who brought the horses' ancestors to the Americas, and why?
7. What does the man who sells Dick Whittington his cat look like?
8. What happens when the owl encounters Ben, Abby, Whittington, and the Lady?
9. What happened to Abby and Ben's parents?
10. What book does Abby bring for Ben's reading lesson?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)