|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gran give to Abby and Ben when they have upset stomachs?
(a) Licorice tea.
(b) Mint tea.
(c) Lemon water.
(d) Ginger tea.
2. What clinches Whittington's place in the family of the barn animals?
(a) Whittington's fighting words to the rats.
(b) Whittington's manner to the chickens.
(c) Ben and Abby asking about the cat.
(d) The Lady's feeling about Whittington.
3. How much does Dick Whittington pay for his cat?
(a) A half-penny.
(b) A half-farthing.
(c) A farthing.
(d) A penny.
4. What is the weather like when Whittington first meets the Lady?
5. What color silk does Fitzwarren give Dick Whittngton to tie around his neck for luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What birds appear as the weather warms?
2. About how old is Fitzwarren?
3. How does the Lady feel when Whittington uses big words?
4. What is the rat who crawls out during Whittington's story trying to get?
5. How many grandchildren does Bernie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Lady tell Whittington about the horses, when Whittington first arrives in the barn?
2. How was Whittington separated from his boy?
3. How did Will Price get his scar?
4. What happened to Abby and Ben's parents?
5. How do Abby and Ben change after the horses arrive?
6. How did Whittington's former owner's parents react to his reading problem?
7. What does Whittington the cat look like?
8. How does Ben react when Gran gives him something to read?
9. What worries Abby about the chickens' spring eating habits?
10. What does Fitzwarren do at the docks?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)