|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name for lilac supposedly mean in Persian?
(a) Wonderous star.
(b) Scent of spring.
(c) Beautiful girl.
(d) Clear sky.
2. What does the cat wear on her leg immediately after the operation?
(a) A cast.
(b) A splint.
(c) A sling.
(d) A bandage.
3. What does Don offer to do if Ben will sit in on a special ed reading class?
(a) Let him stay in his class most of the time.
(b) Not fail Ben.
(c) Delay his reading test.
(d) Put in a good word with social services.
4. Who did Mary's husband leave his money to in his will?
(a) His parents.
(b) The Church.
(c) Sir Louis.
5. Who names the baby goat?
6. What animal tries to attack the Lady while she is bathing?
(a) A wolf.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A hawk.
7. Who helps Whittington train his children in the autumn?
(c) The Lady.
8. How big are duck eggs compared to bantam eggs?
(a) Half as big.
(b) The same size.
(c) Twice as big.
(d) Three times as big.
9. Who is the registered letter addressed to?
(a) Just Bernie.
(b) Bernie and Marion.
(d) Just Marion.
10. Whose life does the book Sir Louis wants Dick to read recount?
(a) Zhang Qian.
(b) Ferdinand Magellan.
(c) Leif Erickson.
(d) Marco Polo.
11. What town does Dick meet Mary in after his return from Constantinople?
12. Where does Gent spend the nights?
(b) In the barn next to the goats.
(c) In the barn next to Lady.
(d) In the barn's rafters.
13. What does Marion make for Ben when she learns he will move forward with his class?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Double chocolate fudge.
(c) Black Forest cupcakes.
(d) Angle food cake.
14. Who wakens the injured animal?
15. How many sets of books does Coach O have for Ben to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to guard the Lady when she comes out after the attack?
2. What is the name of the special ed program that Ben might need to go into?
3. What does Wilhelmina say that the Lady is like?
4. Who does Marker injure in the barn?
5. As spring comes on, how many eggs do the chickens lay per day?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)