|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Ben finish the Friday before Labor Day?
(a) The first level 20 book.
(b) The last level 20 book.
(c) Th first level 19 book.
(d) The last level 19 book.
2. What gift does Fitzwarren accept from Dick?
(c) Dried herbs.
3. What does Miss O'Brian do with the words of Keith's story?
(a) She jumbles them up for him to reorganize them.
(b) She removes every other word for him to fill in.
(c) She puts them on flash cards for him to practice.
(d) She draws them from a bucket and asks him to read them.
4. What does Wilhelmina say that the Lady is like?
(a) A dear sister.
(b) A regal queen.
(c) A Dutch aunt.
(d) A kind grandmother.
5. Who is the registered letter addressed to?
(b) Just Marion.
(c) Just Bernie.
(d) Bernie and Marion.
6. How often does the school principal bring his car to the Texaco for inspection?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every eighteen months.
(d) Every six months.
7. When did Will begin working for Sir Louis?
(a) When he was eight.
(b) When he was nine.
(c) When he was ten.
(d) When he was seven.
8. What is Fitzwarren's policy in his business?
(a) Always give more value to the customer.
(b) Sell more of the cheapest goods.
(c) Always give the lowest price.
(d) Sell less, but the most expensive goods.
9. What does Marion make for Ben when she learns he will move forward with his class?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Double chocolate fudge.
(c) Angle food cake.
(d) Black Forest cupcakes.
10. What does Whittington do when the Lady won't come out of her sleeping place or respond?
(a) He starts bringing her presents.
(b) He snuggles against her and won't leave her side.
(c) He starts telling stories about her.
(d) He pulls her out of her nest.
11. How many sets of books does Coach O have for Ben to read?
12. How does Marion feel about picking up the registered letter?
(a) Worried but excited.
(b) Pleased and excited.
(c) Nervous and worried.
(d) Angry and irritated.
13. Which of the following trait does Theo NOT acquire?
(a) Drinking tidily like a duck.
(b) Being careful about his appearance.
(c) Having a high opinion of himself.
(d) Being picky about his food.
14. What does the name for lilac supposedly mean in Persian?
(a) Clear sky.
(b) Wonderous star.
(c) Beautiful girl.
(d) Scent of spring.
15. What does Coach O make Ben do when he dumps the sand tray?
(a) Write on the chalkboard.
(b) Do pushups.
(c) Run laps.
(d) Sit in the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dick when he returns to England from Constantinople?
2. How does Ben react when Marion tells him about her meeting with his teacher?
3. What does Ben compare his reading lessons to?
4. When is Ben's appointment to observe the special ed reading class?
5. What word is a boy struggling to write when Ben first visits the special reading class?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)