|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal tries to attack the Lady while she is bathing?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An eagle.
2. Who does Dick find who might be able to do an operation on his cat?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A barber.
3. As spring comes on, how many eggs do the chickens lay per day?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Three or four.
(c) One or two.
(d) Four or five.
4. What kind of car does the school principal drive?
(a) An old Dodge.
(b) An old Chrysler.
(c) An old Ford.
(d) An old Chevy.
5. How does Marion feel at first about sending Ben to special ed?
(a) She thinks the people at the school are biased and don't know what's best for Ben.
(b) She thinks the people at the school must know what's best for Ben.
(c) She thinks special ed classes will end up making Ben's problems worse.
(d) She thinks special ed classes will end up being fun for Ben.
6. Who did Mary's husband leave his money to in his will?
(a) His parents.
(b) Sir Louis.
(c) The Church.
7. Who does Whittington plan to take with him on his trip?
(b) Mary Green.
(c) The Lady.
8. Why did Ben get sent home from school?
(a) For screaming during class.
(b) For hitting another boy.
(c) For throwing a stapler.
(d) For tearing up another student's paper.
9. What disease does Aramis contract in the spring?
(b) Rain rot.
(c) Equine influenza.
10. What common item does Whittington explain used to be expensive in Dick's time but is cheap in the present for Ben and Abby?
11. How does Fitzwarren feel about the prospect of Dick taking a long trading journey?
(a) He wants Dick to go on a journey.
(b) He is torn whether or not he wants Dick to go.
(c) He doesn't want Dick to go.
(d) He wants Dick to go, but on a different journey.
12. What second thing does Ben compare his reading lessons to?
(a) Traveling to China.
(b) Discovering a new friend.
(c) Being born.
(d) Being deaf and then being able to hear.
13. What town does Dick meet Mary in after his return from Constantinople?
14. How many sets of books does Coach O have for Ben to read?
15. Whose life does the book Sir Louis wants Dick to read recount?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Leif Erickson.
(c) Ferdinand Magellan.
(d) Zhang Qian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the school principal bring his car to the Texaco for inspection?
2. Who does Marker injure in the barn?
3. How does Ben react when Marion tells him about her meeting with his teacher?
4. When is Ben's appointment to observe the special ed reading class?
5. Who is the registered letter addressed to?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)