|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Al spend at the livestock auction?
2. How does Ben react when Marion tells him about her meeting with his teacher?
(a) He doesn't seem surprised or upset.
(b) He gets mad and yells at her.
(c) He tries to make a joke out of it.
(d) He pretends not to hear her and won't talk.
3. What does Marion make for Ben when she learns he will move forward with his class?
(a) Double chocolate fudge.
(b) Black Forest cupcakes.
(c) Angle food cake.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
4. What does Ben compare his reading lessons to?
(a) Reaching for a brass ring.
(b) Coming in out of the dark.
(c) Learning to play a piano.
(d) Climbing a mountain.
5. As spring comes on, how many eggs do the chickens lay per day?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Two or three.
(c) One or two.
(d) Three or four.
6. What repair does Bernie say the principal's car needs, after his inspection of the car?
(a) A new timing belt.
(b) New tires.
(c) New spark plugs.
(d) A new brake line.
7. Who names the baby goat?
8. Who comes and drives off the predator who attacked the Lady?
(a) The crows.
(b) The horses.
(c) The goat.
9. Does Ben's teacher think Ben should pass this year?
(a) No, but only because of his reading.
(b) Yes, because his reading has improved so much.
(c) No, because of a lot of problems in class.
(d) Yes, because reading won't be a significant problem for a few years.
10. What does Whittington do when the Lady won't come out of her sleeping place or respond?
(a) He starts bringing her presents.
(b) He snuggles against her and won't leave her side.
(c) He starts telling stories about her.
(d) He pulls her out of her nest.
11. How much of the business does Sir Louis advise Dick to buy?
(a) One half.
(b) Either one quarter or three quarters.
(c) One third.
(d) All of it or none of it.
12. How many kittens does Dick's cat leave behind after the squall at sea?
13. Where does Ben go to announce he will move forward with his class?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The Texaco.
(c) The play yard.
(d) The barn.
14. What are on all the the tables of Sir Louis' study?
15. What kind of animal is Al interested in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fitzwarren feel about the prospect of Dick taking a long trading journey?
2. When did Will begin working for Sir Louis?
3. Which of the following trait does Theo NOT acquire?
4. Where does Gent spend the nights?
5. What does Miss O'Brian do with the words of Keith's story?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)