|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps in to help care for Theo?
(a) Havey and the Lady.
(b) Whittington and Spooker.
(c) Spooker and Havey.
(d) The Lady and Whittington.
2. How long does the Lady stay in her sleeping place without eating or drinking?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
3. Who comes and drives off the predator who attacked the Lady?
(b) The goat.
(c) The horses.
(d) The crows.
4. What does Whittington do when the Lady won't come out of her sleeping place or respond?
(a) He starts bringing her presents.
(b) He pulls her out of her nest.
(c) He snuggles against her and won't leave her side.
(d) He starts telling stories about her.
5. What languages has Dick picked up that he plans to use in trading in Palermo?
(a) Italian and Arabic.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) Russian and French.
(d) Portuguese and Romanian.
6. Who primarily trades with the East for rhubarb?
7. Who wakens the injured animal?
8. What disease does Aramis contract in the spring?
(a) Rain rot.
(d) Equine influenza.
9. What does Wilhelmina say that the Lady is like?
(a) A dear sister.
(b) A Dutch aunt.
(c) A kind grandmother.
(d) A regal queen.
10. Who is the registered letter addressed to?
(a) Bernie and Marion.
(b) Just Bernie.
(c) Just Marion.
11. Who does Whittington plan to take with him on his trip?
(b) Mary Green.
(c) The Lady.
12. How often does the school principal bring his car to the Texaco for inspection?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every two years.
(c) Every six months.
(d) Every eighteen months.
13. How does Marion feel at first about sending Ben to special ed?
(a) She thinks the people at the school are biased and don't know what's best for Ben.
(b) She thinks special ed classes will end up being fun for Ben.
(c) She thinks the people at the school must know what's best for Ben.
(d) She thinks special ed classes will end up making Ben's problems worse.
14. How does Marion feel about picking up the registered letter?
(a) Worried but excited.
(b) Nervous and worried.
(c) Pleased and excited.
(d) Angry and irritated.
15. What kind of car does the school principal drive?
(a) An old Dodge.
(b) An old Chrysler.
(c) An old Chevy.
(d) An old Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal tries to attack the Lady while she is bathing?
2. How does the auctioneer at the livestock auction speak?
3. What type of bead is on the necklace that Dick gives Mary?
4. What repair does Bernie say the principal's car needs, after his inspection of the car?
5. Where does Ben go to announce he will move forward with his class?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)