|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Al spend at the livestock auction?
2. How long do Abby and Ben study reading each day?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) An hour.
3. What type of bead is on the necklace that Dick gives Mary?
4. What town does Dick meet Mary in after his return from Constantinople?
5. In the song Ben learns, what is the moon?
(a) My sister.
(b) My hope.
(c) My light.
(d) My lover.
6. What gift does Fitzwarren accept from Dick?
(b) Dried herbs.
7. Who comes and drives off the predator who attacked the Lady?
(a) The goat.
(b) The crows.
(c) The horses.
8. What word is a boy struggling to write when Ben first visits the special reading class?
9. How does Marion feel about picking up the registered letter?
(a) Nervous and worried.
(b) Worried but excited.
(c) Pleased and excited.
(d) Angry and irritated.
10. Who did Mary's husband leave his money to in his will?
(a) His parents.
(b) Sir Louis.
(c) The Church.
11. Where does Ben go to announce he will move forward with his class?
(a) The play yard.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The barn.
(d) The Texaco.
12. What does Ben compare his reading lessons to?
(a) Reaching for a brass ring.
(b) Coming in out of the dark.
(c) Learning to play a piano.
(d) Climbing a mountain.
13. Whose life does the book Sir Louis wants Dick to read recount?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Leif Erickson.
(c) Zhang Qian.
(d) Ferdinand Magellan.
14. Who helps Whittington train his children in the autumn?
(a) The Lady.
15. Who wakens the injured animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What common item does Whittington explain used to be expensive in Dick's time but is cheap in the present for Ben and Abby?
2. What does Don offer to do if Ben will sit in on a special ed reading class?
3. How much of the business does Sir Louis advise Dick to buy?
4. How does the auctioneer at the livestock auction speak?
5. When did Will begin working for Sir Louis?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)