|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion make for Ben when she learns he will move forward with his class?
(a) Double chocolate fudge.
(b) Black Forest cupcakes.
(c) Angle food cake.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
2. Who saves the kittens trapped by the cord?
(c) The bantams.
(d) The Old One.
3. What does the Lady say isn't everything?
(c) The south.
4. How long do Abby and Ben study reading each day?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) An hour.
5. What type of bead is on the necklace that Dick gives Mary?
6. How does Ben react when Marion tells him about her meeting with his teacher?
(a) He tries to make a joke out of it.
(b) He gets mad and yells at her.
(c) He doesn't seem surprised or upset.
(d) He pretends not to hear her and won't talk.
7. How much of the business does Sir Louis advise Dick to buy?
(a) All of it or none of it.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) Either one quarter or three quarters.
8. What breed of dog is Marker?
(a) A dachsund.
(b) A Border collie.
(c) A grayhound.
(d) A German shorthair pointer.
9. In the song Ben learns, what is the moon?
(a) My hope.
(b) My light.
(c) My sister.
(d) My lover.
10. Who leads the baby ducks around?
(a) Brahms and Coraggio.
(c) The Lady.
(d) The bantams.
11. What word is a boy struggling to write when Ben first visits the special reading class?
12. Who does Marker injure in the barn?
(a) The Lady.
13. Who offers to guard the Lady when she comes out after the attack?
(a) The crows.
(b) The goat.
(d) The hoses.
14. How big are duck eggs compared to bantam eggs?
(a) Three times as big.
(b) The same size.
(c) Twice as big.
(d) Half as big.
15. How many sets of books does Coach O have for Ben to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name for lilac supposedly mean in Persian?
2. Who did Mary's husband leave his money to in his will?
3. Who attacks Dick's cat, after he kills the Great Rat?
4. What does Ben compare his reading lessons to?
5. Who names the baby goat?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)