|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Lady feel when Whittington uses big words?
2. What does the rooster find by kicking away straw and dung?
(c) New grass and weeds.
3. What did Whitington's former family call him?
(b) Old Gray.
(d) Bent Ear.
4. What word does Ben ask Whittington to explain?
5. What two new fruits does Dick taste on his first trading journey?
(a) Pomegranites and star fruit.
(b) Jackfruit and lychee.
(c) Figs and dates.
(d) Kumquats and dragon fruit.
6. Who does the carriage driver tell the agent that Dick is?
(a) An itinerant orphan.
(b) A son of a friend of his.
(c) A distant cousin.
(d) A wanted criminal.
7. Why does the Lady ask Whittington to tell the story of his name?
(a) She wants him to feel accepted.
(b) She wants the other animals to accept him.
(c) Everyone is bored.
(d) To stop everyone from arguing.
8. Where do the bantams roost when not sitting on eggs?
(a) On the hay bales.
(b) Up in a tree outside the barn.
(c) In the wired chicken roost on the side of the barn.
(d) Up in the roof rafters.
9. Where does Dick Whittington's cat put his killed rats while aboard ship?
(a) In the galley by the water barrels.
(b) On deck by the hatchway.
(c) By Dick's bunk.
(d) Near the masthead.
10. What does the vet give to the horse along with castor oil?
(a) Aspirin and something like sodium bicarbonate.
(b) Acetaminophen and something like Alca-Seltzer.
(c) Morphine and something like Zantac.
(d) Codeine and something like Pepto-Bismol.
11. What injury did the senior barn rat sustain from trying to gang up on the gray rooster?
(a) He lost his eye.
(b) He lost his whiskers.
(c) He lost his tail.
(d) He broke his leg.
12. Who taught Dick Whittington to read?
(a) No one.
(b) A teacher.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
13. What does the king initially offer Dick for his cat?
(a) All the goods he's selectd to buy.
(b) All the birds and fruits in his palace.
(c) All the gold in his throne room.
(d) All the treasures he can carry.
14. How many generations does Whittington say he's removed from Dick Whittington's cat?
15. What does Fitzwarren always buy from sailors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first animal to make friends with the black hen?
2. How does the cook's disposition change after Dick arrives?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of Dick's "rememberables"?
4. What is Gregory's job in his flock?
5. How long do Whittington's injuries from the fight last?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)