|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Chapters 43, 44 and 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affliction is the herb the captain tells Fitzwarren about used to treat?
(a) Bilious fever.
(c) Kidney and bladder stones.
(d) Blood poisoning.
2. What do the rats call themselves?
3. What does Whittington suggest that Ben do to help improve his reading?
(a) Practice copying passages.
(b) Try to understand a sentence before saying it.
(c) Practice identifying letters.
(d) Memorize words.
4. What nationality does the Lady say her ancestors are?
5. Why is Bernie afraid to put down rat poison?
(a) He is afraid the poison won't kill the rats.
(b) He is afraid it will poison the soil.
(c) He is afraid a cat will get a poisoned rat.
(d) He is afraid the chickens will eat it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to live in the hutch Bernie puts the black hen in?
2. What disease does Aramis contract in the spring?
3. What alarms Bernie, Abby, and Ben most about Spooker's behavior?
4. What is the first thing the Lady says when she finally arises from her sleeping place?
5. How does the Old One react when three young rats laugh at Whittington?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)