|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, Chapters 27, 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the horses' initial response to the idea of Whittington moving into the barn?
(a) They approve because they like cats.
(b) They think Whittington will probably be effective against the rats.
(c) They don't have an opinion.
(d) They disapprove because they dislike cats.
2. What affliction is the herb the captain tells Fitzwarren about used to treat?
(a) Kidney and bladder stones.
(c) Blood poisoning.
(d) Bilious fever.
3. What secondary item does Fitzwarren sell in his shop?
(a) Buttons and bows.
(c) Dyes and colorings.
(d) Dried fruits.
4. What does Whittington suggest that Ben do to help improve his reading?
(a) Try to understand a sentence before saying it.
(b) Practice identifying letters.
(c) Memorize words.
(d) Practice copying passages.
5. What color do the finches turn as spring approaches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lady ask Abby to bring to the barn the next day?
2. What two new fruits does Dick taste on his first trading journey?
3. How many students is Marion assigned to help in Abby's classroom?
4. Who offers to guard the Lady when she comes out after the attack?
5. How long is Dick on the road with the carriage?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)