|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul intend to do with Whitney's dowry?
2. Where does Whitney leave Claymore to stay in Chapter 35?
3. When Whitney realizes why Clayton has become angry with her, what does she decide to do?
4. Who does Whitney say she has been "all the rage" with in Chapter 27?
5. How long does Whitney want to wait before she and Clayton marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Whitney do after receiving the notice that her betrothal to Clayton has been canceled?
2. How does Whitney's plan to go out as much as possible backfire on her in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 35, who is at the anniversary party that Whitney and Clayton attend that causes Whitney distress?
4. Why does the Duke of Lansberry quickly marry his daughter off to the Marquess of Glengarmon?
5. How does Stephen suggest Whitney can have some time alone with Clayton when she visits Claymore?
6. How does Clayton's mother feel about his engagement to Whitney?
7. What does Clayton assume when he finds the letter Whitney had written in which she claimed to be pregnant?
8. In Chapter 21, why doesn't Paul want to elope with Whitney?
9. How does Whitney react when she sees Clayton at Elizabeth's wedding?
10. What is Clayton and Whitney's wedding like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of denial in the novel "Whitney, My Love". Why do Whitney and Clayton deny their feelings for one another?
Essay Topic 2
What are some romance novel archetypes in the novel "Whitney, My Love"? What type of hero is Clayton? What type of heroine is Whitney?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Whitney Stone. What are her strengths and weaknesses. What are her defining character traits?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)