|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney hope will be announced at the party?
2. What do Whitney's neighbors do in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Whitney arrange a party for in Chapter 16?
4. What does Lady Anne do after learning of Whitney's engagement?
5. Who is Terese DuVille?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Whitney's plans to ride to the picnic with Paul ruined in Chapter 12?
2. Why are Lord and Lady Gilbert visiting the Stone Estate at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Paul feel about Whitney at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Whitney go at the end of Chapter 2, and what does she vow to accomplish while there?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Martin warn Clayton about?
6. In Chapter 20, what item does Margaret ask Clayton about, and what does this require Clayton to later explain to Whitney?
7. What does the letter from Emily say in Chapter 5?
8. What does Paul accuse Whitney of in Chapter 11?
9. What does Clayton tell Whitney about the first time he saw her?
10. Why does Clayton wonder if Whitney fell off her horse during their race intentionally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Whitney Stone. What are her strengths and weaknesses. What are her defining character traits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Whitney and Paul. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Whitney's feelings for Paul differ from the beginning of the novel and the end of their engagement? What does Whitney like about Paul? What does she realize about him in the end?
Essay Topic 3
The main themes of the novel are misunderstandings and miscommunication. Discuss some examples of misunderstandings and miscommunication in the novel "Whitney, My Love". How do they affect Whitney and Clayton's relationship? How are they resolved?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)