|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Whitney's horse?
2. How does Whitney feel when she is forced to dance with Clayton?
3. How does Margaret feel about Whitney?
4. What does Whitney steal from Paul before leaving England?
5. What happens to Whitney in the midst of the race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clayton Westmoreland do after meeting Whitney at the masquerade party?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Martin warn Clayton about?
3. Describe Whitney at the opening of the novel.
4. What does Whitney promise to her friend Emily at the beginning of the book?
5. Why are Lord and Lady Gilbert visiting the Stone Estate at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does Clayton believe that Whitney pursues Paul?
7. How does the debutante ball go for Whitney?
8. What does the letter from Emily say in Chapter 5?
9. How does Whitney react to the room that the Gilberts have arranged for her?
10. What happens when Whitney provides Clayton with a horse called Dangerous Crossing to ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss conflict in the novel "Whitney, My Love". What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Whitney Stone. What are her strengths and weaknesses. What are her defining character traits?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel "Whitney, My Love"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)