|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Whitney wearing when Lord and Lady Gilbert arrive at the Estate?
2. Where does Whitney tell Paul that she will soon be going in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Whitney become nervous at spending so much time with Nicolas?
4. Who do Emily and Whitney see while out riding in Chapter 10?
5. What has caused Whitney to be a source of gossip amongst her neighbors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lord and Lady Gilbert visiting the Stone Estate at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Whitney doing when her aunt and uncle arrive at the estate? Why is she doing this?
3. How does Whitney react to the room that the Gilberts have arranged for her?
4. What does Lady Anne worry about at Martin's surprise party?
5. In Chapter 20, what item does Margaret ask Clayton about, and what does this require Clayton to later explain to Whitney?
6. How does Whitney attempt to refuse an examination by Dr. Whitticomb?
7. How does Whitney feel when she arrives at the debutante ball?
8. What does Clayton Westmoreland do after meeting Whitney at the masquerade party?
9. What causes Whitney to become outraged in Chapter 11?
10. Why does Whitney become angry and embarrassed during her homecoming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have the leads grown throughout the novel? What allowed them to grow?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Clayton as the villain of the novel "Whitney, My Love". Why might Clayton make a good villain? What does he do to Whitney and others that could be classified as villainous behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "Whitney, My Love". What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)