|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months are Clayton and Whitney married before she realizes she is pregnant?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five months.
2. What animal does Whitney come across as she walks the park paths alone?
(a) A crow.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
3. Who declares that Clayton, "thinks he's the King of England"?
(a) Lady Anne.
4. In Chapter 41, why is Stephen upset?
(a) Emily Kendall has married.
(b) His favorite horse has died.
(c) He made a bad investment.
(d) He loses his inheritance.
5. What is inscribed on the portrait that Clayton gives to Whitney?
(a) Whitney, my love.
(b) Whitney, my wife and my love.
(c) For Whitney, the love of my life.
(d) Whitney, Duchess of Claymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney tell Clayton in the letter that Emily convinces her not to post?
2. Who is Stephen?
3. After hearing some gossips talking at the party, what does Whitney become determined to prove?
4. What does Stephen tell stories about over dinner in Chapter 31?
5. How many months early does Whitney go into labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Whitney write in a note to Clayton in Chapter 28?
2. What does Whitney do after receiving the notice that her betrothal to Clayton has been canceled?
3. How does Whitney's plan to go out as much as possible backfire on her in Chapter 28?
4. Where does Clayton go after telling his lawyer to release Whitney from their betrothal?
5. What does Whitney become determined to do when she hears two gossips talking about her at the party in Chapter 21?
6. How does Whitney react when she sees Clayton at Elizabeth's wedding?
7. What does Clayton assume when he finds the letter Whitney had written in which she claimed to be pregnant?
8. In Chapter 21, why doesn't Paul want to elope with Whitney?
9. Following the end of her relationship with Paul, how does Whitney attempt to fix her mistakes?
10. How does Clayton treat Whitney after finding her letter to an unnamed man?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)