|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Stones for dinner in Chapter 13?
(b) The Duke of Lansberry.
(d) Nicolas DuVille.
2. What promise does Whitney make to her friend?
(a) She will not embarrass herself in front of her relations.
(b) She will perfect her horse riding technique.
(c) She will stay indoors and practice her needlepoint.
(d) She will give her friend a dress that no longer fits.
3. What kind of race does Clayton challenge Whitney to?
(a) A foot race.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A potato-sack race.
(d) A three-legged race.
4. What color are Whitney's eyes?
5. What is the name of Whitney's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney wear when Clayton comes to visit in Chapter 17?
2. What does Whitney accuse Clayton of in Chapter 11?
3. At the end of Chapter 20, to which event does Clayton invite Whitney?
4. How does Whitney feel about being back in England?
5. Where do Lord and Lady Gilbert take Whitney?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Martin warn Clayton about?
2. What does Whitney promise to her friend Emily at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Paul feel about Whitney at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Whitney attempt to refuse an examination by Dr. Whitticomb?
5. How does Whitney react to the room that the Gilberts have arranged for her?
6. What impresses Whitney when she visits Clayton's home?
7. What does Clayton Westmoreland do after meeting Whitney at the masquerade party?
8. Why does Clayton wonder if Whitney fell off her horse during their race intentionally?
9. What does Clayton tease Whitney about in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Whitney go downstairs in a servant's dress when Clayton visits in Chapter 17?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)