|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Anne do after learning of Whitney's engagement?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Tells Martin.
(c) Sends Paul home.
(d) Congratulates Whitney.
2. Where does Whitney tell Paul that she will soon be going in Chapter 14?
3. What does Whitney do instead of visiting Paul in Chapter 10?
(a) Whitney visits Emily.
(b) Whitney visits the shops.
(c) Whitney has tea with her father.
(d) Whitney has a nap.
4. How is Whitney related to Lord and Lady Gilbert?
(a) Whitney is their goddaughter.
(b) Whitney is their daughter.
(c) Whitney is their niece.
(d) Whitney is their cousin.
5. Who do Emily and Whitney see while out riding in Chapter 10?
(c) Emily's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Whitney arrange a party for in Chapter 16?
2. What is the name of Whitney's father?
3. What does Whitney wake determined to do in Chapter 17?
4. How does Martin react to the news of Whitney's engagement?
5. Who does Whitney hit with her riding crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clayton tell Whitney about the first time he saw her?
2. What does Paul accuse Whitney of in Chapter 11?
3. How does the debutante ball go for Whitney?
4. How does Whitney feel when she arrives at the debutante ball?
5. What is Whitney doing when her aunt and uncle arrive at the estate? Why is she doing this?
6. How does Paul feel about Whitney at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Nicolas feel about Whitney?
8. What does the letter from Emily say in Chapter 5?
9. What do the party guests gossip about over dinner in Chapter 16?
10. What happens when Whitney provides Clayton with a horse called Dangerous Crossing to ride?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)