|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emily Kendall betrothed to?
(a) The Duke of Argyll.
(b) The Marquess of Glengarmon.
2. Where does Whitney leave Claymore to stay in Chapter 35?
(a) Her father's home.
(b) Grand Oak.
(c) With Emily in London.
3. Who does Whitney invite to come visit her in Chapter 22?
(d) Nicolas DuVille.
4. What does Elizabeth visit Whitney daily to discuss in Chapter 25?
(a) New fashions.
(b) Her broken heart.
(c) Her wedding plans.
(d) The daily gossip.
5. What does Clayton's mother bring to Whitney in Chapter 42?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A wooden chest.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A pearl necklace.
6. What kind of ring does Clayton give Whitney?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) An emerald ring.
(d) A sapphire ring.
7. What does Clayton announce at the party in London?
(a) That he has been called to visit the King.
(b) Whitney's engagement to Paul.
(c) His betrothal to Whitney.
(d) That he is going abroad.
8. Who does Whitney go to London with in Chapter 21?
(a) Her father.
(d) Lady Anne.
9. How does Clayton feel when he can't find Whitney after returning from London?
10. What does Clayton have sent to Whitney in Chapter 25?
(a) A legal document.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A new ball gown.
11. Where does Whitney go to meet Clayton in Chapter 29?
(a) Emily's house.
(c) Grand Oak.
12. What do Whitney and Clayton promise to each other in Chapter 36?
(a) Not to be jealous should they take other lovers.
(b) Not to fight again.
(c) To take a trip to Paris.
(d) To throw out old letters.
13. In Chapter 41, why is Stephen upset?
(a) He loses his inheritance.
(b) Emily Kendall has married.
(c) He made a bad investment.
(d) His favorite horse has died.
14. Who is Hudgins?
(a) Lady Anne's nephew.
(b) Clayton's butler.
(c) Stephen's friend.
(d) Clayton's secretary.
15. Where does Whitney meet Paul in Chapter 22?
(a) An abandoned cabin.
(b) At his house.
(c) In a horse stable.
(d) In the garden of her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clayton drag Whitney away to in his carriage?
2. What does Stephen recommend Whitney do so that she can speak to Clayton alone?
3. How many months early does Whitney go into labor?
4. What do Clayton and Whitney tour in Chapter 30?
5. What causes Whitney to go into labor?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)