|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Whitney late to her wedding at the church?
(a) The crowd gathered to watch.
(b) She tears her wedding dress.
(c) A broken carriage wheel.
(d) Bad weather.
2. What did Emily notice about the coach that returned Whitney to the Archibald house after the ball?
(a) Its broken window.
(b) Its horses.
(c) Its gold crest.
(d) Its strange color.
3. Who does Whitney go to London with in Chapter 21?
(b) Her father.
(d) Lady Anne.
4. How is Clayton related to the Earl of Langford?
(a) The Earl is his uncle.
(b) The Earl is his godfather.
(c) They are not related.
(d) The Earl is his father's cousin.
5. Who is Emily Kendall?
(a) Clayton's former mistress.
(b) Whitney's cousin.
(c) The daughter of the Duke of Lansberry.
(d) The sister of the Duke of Gloucester.
6. Who declares that Clayton, "thinks he's the King of England"?
(b) Lady Anne.
7. What does Stephen tell stories about over dinner in Chapter 31?
(a) His war experiences.
(b) Clayton as a child
(c) Clayton's mistresses.
(d) A trip he took to Paris.
8. What is Whitney worried about when Clayton acts affectionately towards her in Chapter 30?
(a) That he will lose interest in her after they are married.
(b) That he will want to have children quickly.
(c) That Lady Anne will see them.
(d) That he wants to make love.
9. How many months are Clayton and Whitney married before she realizes she is pregnant?
(a) Four months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
10. What causes Whitney to go into labor?
(a) A fall from a carriage.
(c) Stress over her father's death.
(d) A fall down some stairs.
11. What kind of party are Whitney and Clayton to attend in Chapter 34?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) An anniversary party.
(c) A homecoming party.
(d) A wedding reception.
12. What does Stephen falsely say the Westmorelands are famous for?
(a) Their anti-social behavior.
(b) Their grand parties.
(c) Their hospitality.
(d) Their intelligence.
13. Who arrives at Claymore claiming to have known all along about Clayton's intentions to marry Whitney?
(b) Nicolas DuVille.
(d) Lord Gilbert.
14. What does Elizabeth say Whitney looks like in her bridesmaid dress?
(a) A jonquil.
(b) A daffodil.
(c) A lily.
(d) A peony.
15. What month is it when Whitney goes to meet Clayton in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Whitney introduced to at Claymore after the wedding?
2. What does Paul intend to do with Whitney's dowry?
3. When Whitney realizes why Clayton has become angry with her, what does she decide to do?
4. Where do Whitney and Clayton go on their wedding trip?
5. Who is Hudgins?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)