|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Whitney's friend?
2. How does Whitney feel when she is forced to dance with Clayton?
3. What does Whitney claim to have injured in order to avoid seeing Clayton?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her knee.
4. What has caused Whitney to be a source of gossip amongst her neighbors?
(a) Her tomboyishness.
(b) Her strange fashion sense.
(c) Her feelings and actions towards Paul.
(d) Her rude behavior towards her elders.
5. Who does Whitney arrange a party for in Chapter 16?
(b) Lady Anne.
(d) Her father.
6. What is Whitney thrilled to discover in Chapter 10?
(a) Paul is going to ask for her hand.
(b) Nicolas is coming to England for a visit.
(c) Clayton is interested in her.
(d) Paul is jealous of Whitney dancing with Clayton.
7. Who does Clayton parade in front of with Whitney?
(a) The village gossips.
(d) Lady Anne.
8. What is included with the letter for Lord Gilbert in Chapter 8?
(a) A ring.
(b) A poem.
(c) A note for Whitney.
(d) A check.
9. Why has Whitney's father asked Lord and Lady Gilbert to take Whitney away?
(a) Whitney's father is ill.
(b) Whitney needs to go to school.
(c) Whitney is ill.
(d) Whitney has become unruly.
10. What name does Clayton affectionately call Whitney?
11. What does the DuVille household do for Whitney before she leaves for England?
(a) They throw her a going away party.
(b) They perform a song.
(c) They take her sightseeing.
(d) They organize a picnic.
12. What does Whitney wake determined to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Find Elizabeth a suitor.
(b) Go back to France.
(c) Marry Paul.
(d) Marry Clayton.
13. At the party, who catches Whitney and Paul in an intimate embrace?
(b) Lady Anne.
14. What do Whitney's neighbors do in Chapter 2?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Warn Lady Gilbert about Whitney.
(c) Ignore the Gilberts.
(d) Invite the Gilberts and Whitney over for dinner.
15. What does the doctor say he will tell Clayton about Whitney's condition?
(a) That it is hard to diagnose.
(b) That it is "women's problems".
(c) That she is faking.
(d) That she will recover quicker at the seaside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Whitney when she has dinner at Clayton's house?
2. How old is Whitney in Chapter 1?
3. At the party, what do people place bets on during dinner?
4. What year is it in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Clayton believe Whitney chases after Paul?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)