|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Clayton see Whitney for the very first time?
(a) At a costume ball.
(b) At a picnic in Paris.
(c) Walking in a park in London.
(d) In a millinery shop.
2. How does Whitney feel when she is forced to dance with Clayton?
3. What is Whitney thrilled to discover in Chapter 10?
(a) Clayton is interested in her.
(b) Nicolas is coming to England for a visit.
(c) Paul is jealous of Whitney dancing with Clayton.
(d) Paul is going to ask for her hand.
4. Why is Whitney determined to return home in Chapter 5?
(a) Whitney dislikes Paris.
(b) Whitney learns that Paul might become engaged soon.
(c) Whitney wishes to be near her friend.
(d) Whitney misses her father.
5. What does one of Whitney's cousins attempt to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Propose to Whitney.
(b) Steal a pocket watch from Whitney's father.
(c) Punch Clayton.
(d) Force himself on Whitney.
6. What does Whitney hope will be announced at the party?
(a) Elizabeth's engagement.
(b) Her father's engagement.
(c) Her engagement to Paul.
(d) Her engagement to Clayton.
7. How is Whitney related to Lord and Lady Gilbert?
(a) Whitney is their cousin.
(b) Whitney is their goddaughter.
(c) Whitney is their daughter.
(d) Whitney is their niece.
8. What color is the dress that Whitney wears to her homecoming?
9. Where do Lord and Lady Gilbert take Whitney?
10. What does Lady Anne do after learning of Whitney's engagement?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Congratulates Whitney.
(c) Sends Paul home.
(d) Tells Martin.
11. What is Lady Anne fearful of in Chapter 9?
(a) That Whitney will never marry.
(b) That Whitney will be gossiped about.
(c) That Whitney will get her heart broken.
(d) That Whitney will never forget Paul.
12. Where does one of Whitney's cousins corner her alone in Chapter 19?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In her father's study.
(d) In the garden.
13. Martin tells Whitney she cannot marry Paul for what reason?
(a) She will be leaving for France.
(b) Paul is her illegitimate brother.
(c) She is already betrothed.
(d) Paul is too poor.
14. Who does Whitney arrange a party for in Chapter 16?
(b) Her father.
(d) Lady Anne.
15. What does Whitney steal from Paul before leaving England?
(a) A kiss.
(b) His lucky coin.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) A strand of his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Emily and Whitney see while out riding in Chapter 10?
2. What is Whitney convinced of when she arrives at the ball?
3. Who is Terese DuVille?
4. At the end of Chapter 20, to which event does Clayton invite Whitney?
5. Who is outraged by Martin's tirade at Whitney at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)