|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Stones for dinner in Chapter 13?
(b) The Duke of Lansberry.
(d) Nicolas DuVille.
2. What changes does Whitney notice at her father's estate when she returns to England?
(a) New furnishings.
(b) A new stable.
(c) A pair of new horses.
(d) A new extension.
3. What kind of horse does Whitney arrange for Clayton?
(a) A spirited horse.
(b) An old horse.
(c) Her best horse.
(d) A small horse.
4. What does Whitney beg Clayton for in Chapter 18?
(a) To release her from the betrothal contract.
(b) Money to help her father.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To switch his interest to Elizabeth.
5. What is Clayton Westmoreland dressed as at the masquerade party?
(a) A devil.
(b) A knight.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Robin Hood.
6. What does the doctor realize after examining Whitney?
(a) Whitney she be moved to a hospital.
(b) Whitney is not injured.
(c) Whitney is seriously ill.
(d) Whitney is pregnant.
7. Whose party does Whitney attend in Chapter 11?
(a) Lady Amelia Eubank's.
(c) Clayton Westland's.
(d) Lord and Lady Gilbert's.
8. After seeing her new room, what does Whitney anticipate of her time in Paris?
(a) It will be a bore.
(b) It will be stifling.
(c) It will be exciting.
(d) It will be heavenly.
9. What impresses Whitney when she has dinner at Clayton's house?
(a) The meal served.
(b) His pretentious servants.
(c) Clayton's manners.
(d) His art collection.
10. What is the horse that Whitney arranges for Clayton afraid of?
(c) Riding crops.
11. What does Whitney discover the morning after the ball in Chapter 4?
(a) That she loves Paris.
(b) That balls are overrated.
(c) That she has many male admirers.
(d) That she will need to purchase a new wardrobe.
12. What color are Whitney's eyes?
13. How is Whitney related to Lord and Lady Gilbert?
(a) Whitney is their cousin.
(b) Whitney is their niece.
(c) Whitney is their daughter.
(d) Whitney is their goddaughter.
14. What year is it in Chapter 1?
15. What does Nicolas promise Whitney in Chapter 8?
(a) That he will write every day.
(b) That he will ask her father for her hand.
(c) That he will visit her in England.
(d) That he will never forget her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney discover has lost its charm in Chapter 10?
2. Where do Clayton and Whitney meet for their race?
3. How does Whitney's father react to the letters Whitney writes to him in Chapter 5?
4. Who do Emily and Whitney see while out riding in Chapter 10?
5. At the end of Chapter 20, to which event does Clayton invite Whitney?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)