|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 36-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whitney wake determined to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Marry Paul.
(b) Go back to France.
(c) Marry Clayton.
(d) Find Elizabeth a suitor.
2. What do Whitney's neighbors do in Chapter 2?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Ignore the Gilberts.
(c) Warn Lady Gilbert about Whitney.
(d) Invite the Gilberts and Whitney over for dinner.
3. What does Margaret tell Clayton when she sees him in London?
(a) That Whitney had a baby.
(b) That Whitney's father has gone bankrupt.
(c) That Whitney married Paul.
(d) That Whitney is no longer a virgin.
4. Why does Whitney become nervous at spending so much time with Nicolas?
(a) Whitney doesn't want Paul to hear about her friendship with Nicolas.
(b) Whitney thinks it improper to spend time with a man for so long.
(c) Whitney likes Nicolas and doesn't want to do something foolish in his presence.
(d) Whitney fears that Nicolas might want to ask for her hand.
5. Who does Landford intend to leave his titles and land to at death?
(a) Nicolas DuVille.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is included with the letter for Lord Gilbert in Chapter 8?
2. Who does Whitney hit with her riding crop?
3. Why does Clayton believe Whitney chases after Paul?
4. What happens in Chapter 21 when Whitney tries to slap Clayton?
5. At the party, who catches Whitney and Paul in an intimate embrace?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)