|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NOT impress Whitney when she has dinner at Clayton's house?
(a) His library.
(b) Clayton himself.
(c) The house's furnishings.
(d) The coldness of the house.
2. What happens to Whitney in the midst of the race?
(a) She slows down to let Clayton win.
(b) She faints.
(c) She stops to pick flowers.
(d) She gets knocked off her horse.
3. Martin tells Whitney she cannot marry Paul for what reason?
(a) Paul is her illegitimate brother.
(b) She is already betrothed.
(c) She will be leaving for France.
(d) Paul is too poor.
4. Who does Whitney arrange a party for in Chapter 16?
(c) Lady Anne.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Nicolas promise Whitney in Chapter 8?
(a) That he will write every day.
(b) That he will never forget her.
(c) That he will visit her in England.
(d) That he will ask her father for her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lord and Lady Gilbert take Whitney?
2. What is Lady Anne fearful of in Chapter 9?
3. What does Whitney discover has lost its charm in Chapter 10?
4. What is the horse that Whitney arranges for Clayton afraid of?
5. Who does Whitney hit with her riding crop?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)