|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NOT impress Whitney when she has dinner at Clayton's house?
(a) Clayton himself.
(b) His library.
(c) The house's furnishings.
(d) The coldness of the house.
2. At the party, who catches Whitney and Paul in an intimate embrace?
(b) Lady Anne.
3. What has caused Whitney to be a source of gossip amongst her neighbors?
(a) Her tomboyishness.
(b) Her rude behavior towards her elders.
(c) Her strange fashion sense.
(d) Her feelings and actions towards Paul.
4. What does Whitney refuse to do at meal times during Lord and Lady Gilbert's visit?
(b) Make eye contact.
5. When does Paul decide to propose to Whitney?
(a) When she tells him she's pregnant.
(b) After he discusses it with her father.
(c) When he finds out the size of her dowry.
(d) When she tells him she will be leaving again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney's father give her in Chapter 10?
2. What does Clayton offer Whitney to drink in Chapter 13?
3. How does Whitney feel when she arrives at the debutante ball?
4. Who sends Lord Gilbert a letter in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Whitney's father wish for her to meet in Chapter 9?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)