|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martin admit to Lady Anne in Chapter 9?
(a) That Martin is deathly ill.
(b) That Clayton Westland is Clayton Westmoreland.
(c) That Clayton Westland has offered him a large sum of money.
(d) That Martin has gambled his fortune away.
2. What does Whitney refuse to do at meal times during Lord and Lady Gilbert's visit?
(c) Make eye contact.
3. What does Whitney accuse Clayton of in Chapter 11?
(a) Having a lack of respect.
(b) Having a lack of decency.
(c) Having a lack of morals.
(d) Having a lack of common sense.
4. How does Whitney's father react to the letters Whitney writes to him in Chapter 5?
(a) He agrees to her every written request.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He burns them without reading them.
(d) He becomes extremely angry.
5. What does Whitney discover the morning after the ball in Chapter 4?
(a) That she loves Paris.
(b) That she has many male admirers.
(c) That she will need to purchase a new wardrobe.
(d) That balls are overrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Whitney determined to return home in Chapter 5?
2. What is Whitney thrilled to discover in Chapter 10?
3. How does Whitney feel about being back in England?
4. What is included with the letter for Lord Gilbert in Chapter 8?
5. What is Whitney wearing when Lord and Lady Gilbert arrive at the Estate?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)