|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicolas promise Whitney in Chapter 8?
(a) That he will visit her in England.
(b) That he will write every day.
(c) That he will ask her father for her hand.
(d) That he will never forget her.
2. How does Whitney feel about being back in England?
(a) She is thrilled.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is uncomfortable.
3. What does Whitney accuse Clayton of in Chapter 11?
(a) Having a lack of morals.
(b) Having a lack of common sense.
(c) Having a lack of decency.
(d) Having a lack of respect.
4. What color are Whitney's eyes?
5. What does Clayton discover about Whitney's father in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a cruel and corrupt man.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is in financial trouble.
(d) He is not Whitney's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Whitney feel when she is forced to dance with Clayton?
2. How does Whitney feel when she arrives at the debutante ball?
3. How does Paul react to Whitney's attention?
4. What does Whitney do instead of visiting Paul in Chapter 10?
5. What does Clayton do to Whitney on the balcony in Chapter 11?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)