|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clayton discover about Whitney's father in Chapter 7?
(a) He is in financial trouble.
(b) He is not Whitney's real father.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is a cruel and corrupt man.
2. How is Whitney related to Lord and Lady Gilbert?
(a) Whitney is their daughter.
(b) Whitney is their cousin.
(c) Whitney is their goddaughter.
(d) Whitney is their niece.
3. What promise does Whitney make to her friend?
(a) She will perfect her horse riding technique.
(b) She will give her friend a dress that no longer fits.
(c) She will stay indoors and practice her needlepoint.
(d) She will not embarrass herself in front of her relations.
4. What does Whitney's father give her in Chapter 10?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A sapphire.
(c) An emerald.
(d) A ruby.
5. What does Whitney refuse to do at meal times during Lord and Lady Gilbert's visit?
(c) Make eye contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Whitney's father?
2. What do Whitney's neighbors do in Chapter 2?
3. What does Whitney spend most of the party doing in Chapter 6?
4. What does Clayton have his lawyer write up?
5. What does Terese's brother assume about Whitney?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)