|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whitney beg Clayton for in Chapter 18?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To release her from the betrothal contract.
(c) Money to help her father.
(d) To switch his interest to Elizabeth.
2. What does one of Whitney's cousins attempt to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Force himself on Whitney.
(b) Steal a pocket watch from Whitney's father.
(c) Punch Clayton.
(d) Propose to Whitney.
3. What does Clayton challenge Whitney to in Chapter 13?
(b) A card game.
(c) A horse race.
4. Who arrives at Claymore claiming to have known all along about Clayton's intentions to marry Whitney?
(b) Lord Gilbert.
(d) Nicolas DuVille.
5. What is included with the letter for Lord Gilbert in Chapter 8?
(a) A check.
(b) A poem.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note for Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stephen?
2. Where does Whitney go to meet Clayton in Chapter 29?
3. Who visits the Stones for dinner in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Clayton confess his love for Whitney?
5. At the party, what do people gossip about during dinner?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)