|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clayton do to Whitney on the balcony in Chapter 11?
(a) He mocks her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He scolds her.
(d) He slaps her.
2. What does Whitney wake determined to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Marry Paul.
(b) Find Elizabeth a suitor.
(c) Go back to France.
(d) Marry Clayton.
3. What does Lady Gilbert find Whitney reading in Chapter 1?
(a) A scandalous novel.
(b) A novel written in Greek.
(c) A Gothic novel.
(d) A newspaper.
4. After seeing her new room, what does Whitney anticipate of her time in Paris?
(a) It will be stifling.
(b) It will be heavenly.
(c) It will be a bore.
(d) It will be exciting.
5. How does Whitney feel about being back in England?
(a) She is uncomfortable.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is thrilled.
(d) She is depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney discover has lost its charm in Chapter 10?
2. What do Clayton and Whitney tour in Chapter 30?
3. What does Whitney beg Clayton for in Chapter 18?
4. Who is Stephen?
5. What does Elizabeth say Whitney looks like in her bridesmaid dress?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)