|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Lord Gilbert a letter in Chapter 8?
(a) Whitney's father.
2. Where do Lord and Lady Gilbert take Whitney?
3. What is Whitney doing when Lord and Lady Gilbert arrive at the Stone Estate?
(a) Whitney is playing tag.
(b) Whitney is sleeping in the stable.
(c) Whitney is having a picnic.
(d) Whitney is riding her horse bareback.
4. How does Whitney feel when she arrives at the debutante ball?
5. What has caused Whitney to be a source of gossip amongst her neighbors?
(a) Her tomboyishness.
(b) Her feelings and actions towards Paul.
(c) Her strange fashion sense.
(d) Her rude behavior towards her elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitney accuse Clayton of in Chapter 11?
2. What is the story that Whitney tells Clayton about?
3. Why is Whitney determined to return home in Chapter 5?
4. What effect does the drink that Clayton offers her have on Whitney?
5. What does Whitney discover has lost its charm in Chapter 10?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)