|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whitney spend most of the party doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Dancing with Nicholas.
(b) Flirting with suitors.
(c) Watching others dance.
(d) Avoiding Nicolas.
2. How does Whitney hope to travel to the picnic with Paul?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a buggy.
(c) On foot.
(d) On a row boat.
3. Why has Whitney's father asked Lord and Lady Gilbert to take Whitney away?
(a) Whitney needs to go to school.
(b) Whitney's father is ill.
(c) Whitney has become unruly.
(d) Whitney is ill.
4. What is Whitney thrilled to discover in Chapter 10?
(a) Clayton is interested in her.
(b) Paul is jealous of Whitney dancing with Clayton.
(c) Paul is going to ask for her hand.
(d) Nicolas is coming to England for a visit.
5. What promise does Whitney make to her friend?
(a) She will not embarrass herself in front of her relations.
(b) She will stay indoors and practice her needlepoint.
(c) She will perfect her horse riding technique.
(d) She will give her friend a dress that no longer fits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Anne do, which puzzles Whitney?
2. What does Clayton discover about Whitney's father in Chapter 7?
3. What is Clayton Westmoreland dressed as at the masquerade party?
4. How is Whitney related to Lord and Lady Gilbert?
5. What is the name of the young woman that Paul is rumored to want to marry?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)