|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whitney wear when Clayton comes to visit in Chapter 17?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) Men's trousers.
(c) Her best dress.
(d) A servant's dress.
2. Who is Clayton rumored to be marrying?
(a) Lady Lansberry.
(b) Vanessa Standfield.
(c) Marie St. Allermain.
3. Who comes to London and escorts Whitney to parties every night?
4. What ends Whitney's friendship with Nicolas?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He steals from her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He gets married.
5. Who does Whitney's father wish for her to meet in Chapter 9?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) A new neighbor.
(c) His new wife.
(d) A long lost relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does one of Whitney's cousins corner her alone in Chapter 19?
2. What does Stephen falsely say the Westmorelands are famous for?
3. At the end of Chapter 20, to which event does Clayton invite Whitney?
4. Which item does Margaret wonder about having left in Clayton's carriage?
5. Who convinces Whitney that she has misunderstood Clayton's intentions by canceling their betrothal?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)