|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, England 1820: Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clayton promises to allow Whitney to go free if she does what?
(a) Can prove that she loves someone else.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Sleeps with him.
(d) Returns his money.
2. Who comes to London and escorts Whitney to parties every night?
3. What does Martin admit to Lady Anne in Chapter 9?
(a) That Martin is deathly ill.
(b) That Martin has gambled his fortune away.
(c) That Clayton Westland is Clayton Westmoreland.
(d) That Clayton Westland has offered him a large sum of money.
4. What does Whitney tell Clayton in the letter that Emily convinces her not to post?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she is marrying Paul.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she will enter a convent.
5. What does one of Whitney's cousins attempt to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Punch Clayton.
(b) Force himself on Whitney.
(c) Propose to Whitney.
(d) Steal a pocket watch from Whitney's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen falsely say the Westmorelands are famous for?
2. What does Whitney claim to have injured in order to avoid seeing Clayton?
3. What does Whitney do instead of visiting Paul in Chapter 10?
4. How does Whitney feel when she is forced to dance with Clayton?
5. How does Margaret feel about Whitney?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)