Part 1, England 1816: Chapters 1-2
• The reader is introduced to the protagonist of the novel, Whitney Stone.
• Whitney's aunt and uncle arrive at the Stone Estate.
• Whitney is caught on a horse riding bare back and wearing men's trousers.
• Whitney tries to impress Paul, but his feelings for her remain unchanged.
• Whitney tries not to embarrass herself in front of her aunt and uncle and does not speak to them for days.
• Whitney learns that she is to go to Paris with Lord and Lady Gilbert.
• The neighbors warn Lady and Lord Gilbert about Whitney.
• Whitney and Paul say their goodbyes.
• Whitney vows to become the belle of Paris to convince Paul to marry her.
Part 2, France 1816-1820: Chapters 3-8
• In Part 2, Whitney arrives in Paris and is very impressed with her new room.
• After a few weeks, Whitney finds herself getting along very well with her aunt and...
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)