|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Millat end up after breaking up with Karina?
2. How does Magid recognize Marcus at the airport?
3. Which of these is not a leaflet given to Millat?
4. What is Millat finding hardest to give up for KEVIN?
5. With whom does Magid become penpals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Magid's confusion about his new jeans?
2. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hortense Bowden's birth.
3. What is FATE's apparent plan to disrupt the press conference?
4. What surprise about his closest friend does Samad receive?
5. Why do Alsana and Clara invite Neena to lunch and a movie?
6. What tenet of his new religion is Millat finding it most difficult to follow?
7. How does Irie feel after making love with Millat?
8. What does Smith mean by "A little English education can be a dangerous thing"?
9. Why does Joshua seem so calm as they drive toward the Perret Institute?
10. How does Irie feel about Marcus' and Magid's correspondence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Joshua and Millat become involved with radical, activist groups. Compare and contrast these groups, their tactics, and what has drawn the young men to them.
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning and significance of the phrases "to the pure all things are pure" and "can't say fairer than that"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the truth of this statement: Every moment happens twice: inside and outside, and they are two different histories.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)