|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Captain Durham leaves the Bowden household, to whom does he have Ambrosia sent?
2. What diagnosis does Joyce believe fits Millat?
3. What is the odd acronym of Hifan's Muslim group?
4. What is kept in Hortense's oven?
5. Which of these is not a leaflet given to Millat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Magid's confusion about his new jeans?
2. Why do Alsana and Clara invite Neena to lunch and a movie?
3. What is Joyce Chalfen's feeling about Irie and Millat?
4. What tenet of his new religion is Millat finding it most difficult to follow?
5. What is FATE's apparent plan to disrupt the press conference?
6. Describe the founding of KEVIN.
7. What question from Archie starts the bickering on top of the bus?
8. Why does Hortense eat everything very hot?
9. Where does the school's motto, Laborare est Orare, come from?
10. What is the opinion of the girl in the airport of Marcus' latest book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the pillars on which Archie and Samad's friendship is built is the fact that Archie killed Dr. Sick. What indications do we have that it didn't, perhaps, happen that way? Why is it so important to Samad that it did? Is his reaction to learning the truth what you would have expected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Religion plays a large part in this novel. Please choose two characters and discuss how their religion--or lack of same--affects their life and story, and how it corresponds with their identity.
Essay Topic 3
There is a variety of conflicts in this novel. Please choose one character and discuss the conflicts s/he is involved with and how they are resolved.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)