|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irie get caught doodling in English class?
2. Who does Mickey claim is his mentor?
3. Who insists that the Jones and Iqbal families attend the opening?
4. What argument among the KEVIN brothers does Millat find ridiculous?
5. What is Ambrosia's reply to Captain Durham's message via Marlene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irie feel about Marcus' and Magid's correspondence?
2. What is the opinion of the girl in the airport of Marcus' latest book?
3. What is FATE's apparent plan to disrupt the press conference?
4. What question from Archie starts the bickering on top of the bus?
5. Describe the founding of FATE.
6. Why does Hortense eat everything very hot?
7. What is Magid's confusion about his new jeans?
8. Why does Joshua seem so calm as they drive toward the Perret Institute?
9. What does Smith mean by "A little English education can be a dangerous thing"?
10. Where does the school's motto, Laborare est Orare, come from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bowdenism and Chalfenism.
Essay Topic 2
Magid and Millat Iqbal are close as children and are then separated. What is the connection between them? Is it different than that of non-twin siblings? How?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story of Mangal Pande and why is it so crucial to understanding the characters of Samad, Millat, and Magid Iqbal?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)