|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What loud noise awakens Archie and Samad one morning during their stay in the small village?
2. What is in the photo of Magid that he sends home to his parents?
3. To what does Shiva ascribe Samad's remarkably strong attraction to the teacher?
4. What school do Clara and Ryan both attend?
5. What game do Millat, Magid, and Irie play as they walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alsana feel is the biggest difference that divides people?
2. How does Archie know Horst Ibelgaufts?
3. How does the Pakistani community react to Magid's having been sent away?
4. Why does Samad decide to send one of the boys away?
5. Why has O'Connell's become so important to Samad and Archie?
6. How does Samad defuse the situation with Mad Mary in the church courtyard?
7. Who is Mad Mary?
8. Describe the conditions in which Archie Jones and Samad Iqbal met.
9. What disagreement do Archie and Samad have about the writings on the walls of the church?
10. Describe the difference between Millat and Magid Iqbal.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Joshua and Millat become involved with radical, activist groups. Compare and contrast these groups, their tactics, and what has drawn the young men to them.
Essay Topic 2
Samad Iqbal is a man who wants to be a good Muslim but does not always succeed. In an essay, explore at least two forces pulling on Samad that affect his faith and how these forces shape his identity.
Essay Topic 3
What does Irie find at her grandmother's that she didn't realize she was searching for? Would knowing some of this information earlier have changed things for her? Why or why not?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)