|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zinat Mahal?
2. What does Archie buy to celebrate his impending fatherhood?
3. Where do Millat and his friends go to burn books?
4. Where do Clara and Archie spend the first few hours of their marriage?
5. What does Clara borrow secretly from Neena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the registrar who marries Clara and Archie silently compare them to?
2. Describe the game the children play as they walk to Mr. Hamilton's home.
3. What is Shiva's reaction to Samad's admission that he has fallen for an English woman?
4. How does Archie know Horst Ibelgaufts?
5. How does Clara's speech change when she is excited?
6. Why does Samad arrive in Harlesden fifteen minutes early?
7. Why does Samad have to make up the name of a holiday for Poppy Burt-Jones?
8. Why does Samad decide to send one of the boys away?
9. What do Samad and Alsana argue about?
10. Describe Clara Bowden.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the pillars on which Archie and Samad's friendship is built is the fact that Archie killed Dr. Sick. What indications do we have that it didn't, perhaps, happen that way? Why is it so important to Samad that it did? Is his reaction to learning the truth what you would have expected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What makes the Chalfen home so attractive to Millat and Irie? Is it the same thing, or are there different reasons?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the truth of this statement: Every moment happens twice: inside and outside, and they are two different histories.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)