|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Satyagraha" mean?
(b) "The solution."
(c) "Truth and firmness."
(d) "Civil disobedience."
2. Over what does Samad find Alsana weeping at 3:00 a.m.?
(a) Samad's affair.
(b) His plan to send their child away.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) The assassination of Indira Gandhi.
3. What is all over the walls inside the building where Samad and Archie sleep?
(a) Bright yellow paint.
(b) Paintings by a famous artist.
(d) Words written by dying townspeople.
4. On what game does Archie score the highest number of points ever?
(c) Space Invaders.
5. Where did Archie meet his first wife?
(a) The Olympics.
(b) A party in London.
(c) A cafe in Italy.
(d) A train in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Samad and Poppy have their second private meeting?
2. What do the Jones and Iqbal families watch on November 10, 1989?
3. What major event have Archie and Samad missed?
4. What is Archie's theory about Mangal Pande?
5. What does Clara's witnessing sash say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Samad arrive in Harlesden fifteen minutes early?
2. Describe the difference between Millat and Magid Iqbal.
3. What does the registrar who marries Clara and Archie silently compare them to?
4. Why is the place named "O'Connell's"?
5. What is Archie's theory about the incident involving Pande?
6. Describe the game the children play as they walk to Mr. Hamilton's home.
7. What does Alsana feel is the biggest difference that divides people?
8. Describe O'Connell's Poolroom.
9. What is the main source of tension between Archie and Clara as they move into their new house?
10. How does Clara's speech change when she is excited?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)