|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Archie buy to celebrate his impending fatherhood?
(b) A round of drinks.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) Indian candy.
2. What falls on Magid in a mosque and breaks his nose?
(a) A piece of the ceiling.
(b) A statue.
(c) A stack of books.
(d) A vase.
3. What do the children take with them when they leave Mr. Hamilton's?
(a) Their apples.
(b) An army medal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) His tea biscuits.
4. What are Magid and Irie wearing the morning Samad drives them to school?
(a) Black clothes with white armbands.
(b) All green clothes.
(c) Their pajamas.
(d) A suit for Magid and a dress for Irie.
5. Who saves Archie's life?
(a) Samad Miah Aqbal.
(b) Tim Westleigh.
(c) Horst Ibelgaufts.
(d) Mo Hussein-Ishmael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the butcher doing early on New Year's Day?
2. What color was Clara's wedding dress?
3. What is Sod's Law also known as?
4. What does Poppy Burt-Jones teach?
5. What is Tim Westleigh's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Clara's perspective, what does "dealing with" Ryan consist of?
2. Why does Hortense Bowden consider both herself and her daughter to be miracles?
3. What does Samad feel is the secret of his cousin Ardashir's success?
4. What does the registrar who marries Clara and Archie silently compare them to?
5. Describe the conditions in which Archie Jones and Samad Iqbal met.
6. How does Maureen feel about Archie?
7. What is Archie's theory about the incident involving Pande?
8. Why does Samad decide to send one of the boys away?
9. Describe the difference between Millat and Magid Iqbal.
10. What argument does Neena have with Alsana?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)