|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. J.P. Hamilton's biggest health problem?
(b) He has no teeth.
2. Where does Ryan spend New Year's Eve?
(a) At a party with Clara.
(b) With his family at home.
(c) With Clara's parents in their apartment.
(d) In Trafalgar Square with his friends.
3. Which of these things is not burned in the Iqbals' yard?
(a) Air Max sneakers.
(b) "The Godfather" movie.
(c) Millat's baseball cap.
(d) "The Catcher in the Rye."
4. On what street does Archie Jones attempt suicide?
(a) The A41.
(b) Cricklewood Broadway.
(c) Drury Lane.
(d) Fleet Street.
5. What word does Neena use that shocks Alsana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Samad find Alsana weeping at 3:00 a.m.?
2. Who often joins Clara and Alsana for lunch?
3. What is Tim Westleigh's nickname?
4. What is all over the walls inside the building where Samad and Archie sleep?
5. Which of these did Archie not use to barter for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Neena have with Alsana?
2. What does Alsana feel is the biggest difference that divides people?
3. Why does Samad decide to send one of the boys away?
4. How does the Pakistani community react to Magid's having been sent away?
5. What is it that Samad says that brings Katie Miniver, chairwoman of the school governors, to the brink of tears?
6. What do Ryan and Clara have in common?
7. Describe the conditions in which Archie Jones and Samad Iqbal met.
8. Describe the appearance of Millat's Crew.
9. How does Archie know Horst Ibelgaufts?
10. Describe Clara Bowden.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)