|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Samad blame all of his problems?
(a) His wife.
(b) The West.
(c) His damaged hand.
(d) The war.
2. Who shows up at the restaurant unexpectedly?
3. What is Magid concerned about when Samad tells him he is going on a trip?
(a) Being afraid of flying.
(b) Not saying goodbye to his mother.
(c) Getting to see the results of his photosynthesis experiment.
(d) Missing an orchestra concert.
4. What does Samad do right after his fight with Alsana?
(a) He goes to see Poppy.
(b) He takes a shower.
(c) He ends his affair with Poppy.
(d) He cancels Magid's trip.
5. What does Clara's witnessing sash say?
(a) "Separating the Sheep from the Goats."
(b) "Blessed Are the Pure in Heart."
(c) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(d) "I Will Walk in White with Him."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one place where Samad feels most comfortable in the weeks after meeting Poppy?
2. What was the original purpose of the building Archie and Samad slept in?
3. What is all over the walls inside the building where Samad and Archie sleep?
4. What is Mr. J.P. Hamilton's biggest health problem?
5. What is the name of all of the chef's sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hortense Bowden consider both herself and her daughter to be miracles?
2. What is the main source of tension between Archie and Clara as they move into their new house?
3. How does Clara's speech change when she is excited?
4. What is Shiva's reaction to Samad's admission that he has fallen for an English woman?
5. Describe the appearance of Millat's Crew.
6. How does Samad defuse the situation with Mad Mary in the church courtyard?
7. What disagreement do Archie and Samad have about the writings on the walls of the church?
8. What does the registrar who marries Clara and Archie silently compare them to?
9. How does Poppy take Samad's ending of their affair?
10. What argument does Neena have with Alsana?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)