|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was objectionable about the new bullets produced in 1857?
(a) They didn't fit the old rifles.
(b) They jammed the guns.
(c) They sometimes exploded on their own.
(d) They were covered with cow and pig grease.
2. Who often joins Clara and Alsana for lunch?
(b) Clara's mother.
(d) Alsana's niece.
3. What was served at O'Connell's on New Year's as a "seasonal bonus"?
4. To what does Shiva ascribe Samad's remarkably strong attraction to the teacher?
(a) Midlife crisis.
(b) True love.
(d) Mental illness.
5. What game do the older Jamaican men play at O'Connell's?
6. What does Poppy Burt-Jones teach?
7. What is it that Alsana tells her unborn child is most important?
8. Where do Clara and Archie spend the first few hours of their marriage?
(a) Brown's Hotel.
(b) Cheapside Police Station.
(c) At home.
(d) King Ludd Pub.
9. What is the butcher doing early on New Year's Day?
(a) Cleaning his shop.
(b) Killing pigeons.
(c) Feeding the birds.
(d) Making sausage.
10. Who is Zinat Mahal?
(a) Alsana's sister.
(b) A waitress at the restaurant.
(c) Samad's sister.
(d) Samad's cousin's wife.
11. What is slang for dating at Clara and Ryan's school?
(a) Going together.
(b) Dealing with.
(d) Dancing the mambo.
12. Where did Samad and Archie meet?
(a) In the army.
(b) As children.
(c) At a local pub.
(d) In college.
13. What does Kelvin Hero give Archie?
(a) Luncheon vouchers.
(b) A raise.
(c) A promotion.
(d) Theater tickets.
14. What is Samad's position?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) A cook.
15. What is Tim Westleigh's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What school do Clara and Ryan both attend?
2. What game do Millat, Magid, and Irie play as they walk?
3. Which of these things is not burned in the Iqbals' yard?
4. What does Clara's witnessing sash say?
5. What is it that Neena believes will improve relationships?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)