|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Millat and his friends go to burn books?
(a) King's Cross.
(c) Willesden Green.
2. What are the names of the two poker tables at O'Connell's?
(a) Amateur and Professional.
(b) Life and Death.
(c) Black and White.
(d) Stud and Draw.
3. Who leads Samad to the book by A.S. Misra?
(a) His nephew.
4. What is it that Alsana tells her unborn child is most important?
5. What was Samad's job on the tank?
(b) Assistant driver.
(c) Radio operator.
6. Over what does Samad find Alsana weeping at 3:00 a.m.?
(a) The death of her mother.
(b) His plan to send their child away.
(c) Samad's affair.
(d) The assassination of Indira Gandhi.
7. What is the name of all of the chef's sons?
8. Which of these events was not celebrated at O'Connell's?
(a) New Year's Eve, 1989.
(b) Archie's fiftieth birthday.
(c) Irie's birth.
9. What word does Neena use that shocks Alsana?
10. What do the children take with them when they leave Mr. Hamilton's?
(a) A puppy.
(b) His tea biscuits.
(c) An army medal.
(d) Their apples.
11. On what street does Archie Jones attempt suicide?
(a) Drury Lane.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Cricklewood Broadway.
(d) The A41.
12. What was bhang?
(b) A type of curry.
(c) Indian beer.
(d) A drink made from hemp.
13. What does Alsana Iqbal do to make money?
(a) Sews clothes for a shop called Domination.
(b) Does alterations for a bridal boutique.
(c) Works as a telemarketer.
(d) Takes care of children.
14. Where does Ryan spend New Year's Eve?
(a) With Clara's parents in their apartment.
(b) In Trafalgar Square with his friends.
(c) At a party with Clara.
(d) With his family at home.
15. On what game does Archie score the highest number of points ever?
(b) Space Invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Piss-Pot?
2. What do the village children want from Archie?
3. On what does Samad blame all of his problems?
4. What does Archie buy with his large poker winnings?
5. To what does Shiva ascribe Samad's remarkably strong attraction to the teacher?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)