|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople call the former Nazi hiding in a house near the village?
(a) The Executioner.
(b) Dr. Sick.
(c) Dr. Death.
(d) Herr Doktor.
2. What do the children take with them when they leave Mr. Hamilton's?
(a) An army medal.
(b) Their apples.
(c) A puppy.
(d) His tea biscuits.
3. Which of these thing does Alsana not throw to the floor during her fight with Samad?
(a) Samad's shoes.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Their dishes.
(d) Her sewing machine.
4. Who shows up at the restaurant unexpectedly?
5. What was Samad's job on the tank?
(a) Assistant driver.
(b) Radio operator.
6. What does Poppy give to Samad while they are sitting on the bench?
(b) A toothbrush.
(d) A book.
7. What is Clara Bowden's one imperfection?
(a) Her hair has gone prematurely gray.
(b) She has a squeaky, irritating voice.
(c) She has no upper teeth.
(d) She has a large birthmark on her arm.
8. What falls on Magid in a mosque and breaks his nose?
(a) A statue.
(b) A vase.
(c) A piece of the ceiling.
(d) A stack of books.
9. Which of these things is not served at O'Connell's?
10. What does Kelvin Hero give Archie?
(a) Luncheon vouchers.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A raise.
(d) Theater tickets.
11. What was Archie's job on the tank?
(a) Radio operator.
(c) Assistant driver.
12. Which of these events was not celebrated at O'Connell's?
(a) New Year's Eve, 1989.
(b) Archie's fiftieth birthday.
(d) Irie's birth.
13. What does Samad win in a poker game?
(a) Train tickets back to Bengal.
(b) The fate of the prisoner.
(c) $3200 American dollars.
(d) An expensive watch.
14. What school do Clara and Ryan both attend?
(a) Lambeth Secondary School.
(b) St. Jude's.
(c) St. Francis' Academy.
15. What has Clara bought for the new house without consulting Archie?
(a) A red coat rack.
(b) Red dishes.
(c) A leather sofa.
(d) A new television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Jones and Iqbal families watch on November 10, 1989?
2. What is Mr. J.P. Hamilton's biggest health problem?
3. What does Mr. Hamilton accuse Millat of lying about?
4. What color was Clara's wedding dress?
5. With whom has Archie carried on a long correspondence through the mail?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)