|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Magid, Millat, and Marcus, 1992, 1999, Chapter 17, Crisis Talks and Eleventh-Hour Tactics,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hamilton accuse Millat of lying about?
(a) His mother's native country.
(b) How often he brushes his teeth.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) His father's army experience.
2. What does Clara's witnessing sash say?
(a) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(b) "I Will Walk in White with Him."
(c) "Separating the Sheep from the Goats."
(d) "Blessed Are the Pure in Heart."
3. Who does Clara tell Joyce that Irie got her brains from?
(a) Clara herself.
(b) Hortense Bowden.
(d) Captain Charlie Durham.
4. What is the translation of the holiday Samad makes up?
(a) I feel weak.
(b) I want to kiss you.
(c) Close-mouth worship of the Creator.
(d) I love you.
5. What are Magid and Irie wearing the morning Samad drives them to school?
(a) Black clothes with white armbands.
(b) A suit for Magid and a dress for Irie.
(c) Their pajamas.
(d) All green clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hortense apply to Irie's face to cure her fever?
2. What is Millat wearing when Samad drives him to school?
3. Who does Ambrosia meet on King Street the day of the earthquake?
4. Where does Samad find the book by A.S. Misra?
5. What is the Chalfen family's nickname for Marcus' project?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)