|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more black children were placed in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 2?
2. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
3. Where did Mrs. Paley think in Chapter 1 she would like to teach?
4. What did Mrs. Paley's actions encourage for her students to do in Chapter 5?
5. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
2. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
3. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
4. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
5. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
6. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
7. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
8. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
9. Discuss what Mrs. Paley tried to use from her own experiences in connection to her student's.
10. Describe Barbara.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe how Mrs. Paley disciplined the disruptive boy in Chapter 5 to rid him from his bad behavior. Detail its success or failure.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Janet Albright and why she was so successful at soothing the children when they were uncomfortable or in pain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Mrs. Paley concluded about her progress on the research in her classroom. Do you think Mrs. Paley felt satisfied by her work and attempts to dissolve segregation and racism in the youth of the Civil Rights era?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)