|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
(a) if they were black.
(b) If they could sing.
(c) If they were Jewish.
(d) If they were white.
2. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
(a) That all blacks were poor.
(b) That all blacks ate fried food.
(c) That all blacks her fat.
(d) That all blacks had grease in their hair.
3. What was the result of the two boys who became friends although didn't remain friends?
(a) They learned about another race in that time.
(b) They ended up hating eachother.
(c) They expanded their friendship to include all races.
(d) They broke the segregation that had always existed before.
4. Where did Mrs. Paley's student teacher insist she was needed at?
(a) An all black school.
(b) An all white school.
(c) A special school.
(d) A mixed school.
5. What was Mrs. Paley's plan to try after the incident in Chapter 4 with the young boy?
(a) Ignoring the good behavior.
(b) Ignoring the bad behavior.
(c) Praising the poor behavior.
(d) Praising the good behavior and ignoring the poor behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used the derogatory words about blacks that Mrs. Paley was unsure how to handle?
2. What did Mrs. Paley participate in in Chapter 3?
3. What did Mrs. Paley often struggle with when she was teaching?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley go to for advice in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Mrs. Paley think in Chapter 1 she would like to teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
2. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
3. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
4. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
5. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
6. What did Janet Albright explain to the hurt child about friendship?
7. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
8. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
9. Describe Barbara.
10. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)