|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley first have a conversation with in Chapter 3 about her new job?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her boss.
2. What was wrong with Fred?
(a) He was mentality disabled.
(b) He was mean and ugly.
(c) He had infantile speech.
(d) He was beaten at home.
3. Who did Mrs. Paley want to teach?
(a) White children.
(b) European children.
(c) Black children.
(d) Her own children.
4. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) With recess.
(b) A trust grew between Mrs. Paley and Alma.
(c) The school day ended.
(d) The school day started.
5. What did Mrs. Paley continue to believe was needed in the classroom?
(b) Classrooms with mixed races.
(d) Running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley participate in in Chapter 3?
2. Who was Mrs. Paley with in the preface?
3. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley go to for advice in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5, who did Mrs. Paley begin to offer compliments to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
2. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
3. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
4. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
5. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
6. What did Mrs. Paley limit Steven to and what was the result?
7. What did Janet Albright explain to the hurt child about friendship?
8. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
9. What did Mrs. Paley's friend suggest about Mrs. Paley's interest in her students?
10. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)