|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A parent of a white boy.
(b) A child like Steven.
(c) A child not like Steven.
(d) A young white girl.
2. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
(a) Why she cared about this friendship.
(b) Arlene's intelligence.
(c) Mary Anne's intelligence.
(d) Who was a better student.
3. How did Mrs. Paley feel about the young boy's actions in her class in Chapter 4?
4. What did the exploration of ethnicity do for Mrs. Paley's students?
(a) Helped them understand each other.
(b) Helped unite each other.
(c) Helped them feel welcome.
(d) Gave everyone a purpose.
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Her mom.
(b) A white parent.
(c) Her boss.
(d) A black parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
2. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
3. Who disrupted the good friends in Chapter 10?
4. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
5. What did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class do to be scolded in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
2. Describe Janet Albright.
3. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
4. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
5. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
6. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
7. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
8. Describe Barbara.
9. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
10. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)