|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
(a) Took a shower in the morning.
(b) Wrote in a journal.
(c) Kept notes about her classroom.
(d) Talked to herself.
2. What was the name of the boy in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 4?
3. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Unhappy with her lack of action.
(b) Unhappy with her job.
(c) Happy that her race was getting recognition in society.
(d) Happy with her place in society.
4. How did the student teacher explain to the student what was happening when one student stopped being his or her friend?
(a) That they were crazy.
(c) That they needed a break.
(d) That they were mad and needed a nap.
5. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
(a) Sent him to the office.
(b) Ignored it.
(c) Praised it.
(d) Yelled at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
2. What did Mrs. Paley's actions encourage for her students to do in Chapter 5?
3. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
4. What do the first few chapters of "White Teacher" introduce?
5. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure from the formed friendships in Chapter 7?
2. Discuss what Mrs. Paley tried to use from her own experiences in connection to her student's.
3. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
4. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
5. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
6. Compare and contrast Chicago schools to the southern schools Mrs. Paley taught in.
7. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
8. Describe Barbara.
9. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
10. Describe Janet Albright.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)