|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
(c) A mixed race school.
2. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
(a) Same dad.
(b) Same social background.
(c) Same favorite color.
(d) Same religion.
3. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
(a) Yelled at him.
(b) Praised it.
(c) Sent him to the office.
(d) Ignored it.
4. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
(a) Mary Anne and Claire.
(b) No one.
(c) Janet and Arlene.
(d) Arlene and Mary Anne.
5. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A child like Steven.
(b) A parent of a white boy.
(c) A child not like Steven.
(d) A young white girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley think in Chapter 1 she would like to teach?
2. What did Mrs. Paley learn was the best way to deal with racial issues in her classroom?
3. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
4. What did Mrs. Paley urge the school district to do in Chapter 3?
5. Who would often speak in ethnic speech in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
2. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
3. Describe Janet Albright.
4. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
5. What did Janet Albright explain to the hurt child about friendship?
6. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
7. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
8. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
9. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
10. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)