|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
(a) Same religion.
(b) Same dad.
(c) Same social background.
(d) Same favorite color.
2. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
(a) A white girl and a black girl.
(b) A white girl and black boy.
(c) A white boy and a black boy.
(d) A white boy and a black girl.
3. How did the student teacher explain to the student what was happening when one student stopped being his or her friend?
(a) That they needed a break.
(b) That they were crazy.
(c) That they were mad and needed a nap.
4. What was Carol embarrassed of?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her Taiwanese speaking grandmother.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her backpack.
5. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
(a) Creates more problems.
(b) Solves problems.
(c) Makes everyone equal.
(d) Alleviates problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley struggle with at the beginning of "White Teacher"?
2. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
3. How old was Mrs. Paley's student teacher?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What did Mrs. Paley's actions encourage for her students to do in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
2. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
3. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
4. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
5. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure from the formed friendships in Chapter 7?
6. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
7. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
8. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
9. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
10. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)