|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who did Mrs. Paley begin to offer compliments to?
(a) Racial differences.
(b) No one.
(c) The black children.
(d) The white children.
2. What was interesting about the other teacher's assumptions about Fred's problems?
(a) They never assumed that about white children with the same problems.
(b) They were being really kind.
(c) They were being really mean.
(d) They assumed he was retarded, like every other black student.
3. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
(c) A documentary.
4. Where did Mrs. Paley accept a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A private segregated school.
(b) A public segregated school.
(c) A public integrated school.
(d) A private integrated school.
5. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
(a) No one.
(b) Janet and Arlene.
(c) Mary Anne and Claire.
(d) Arlene and Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley realize ethnic speech had little to do with?
2. What did Mrs. Paley learn was the best way to deal with racial issues in her classroom?
3. What was the result of the two boys who became friends although didn't remain friends?
4. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
5. What did Mrs. Paley often struggle with when she was teaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Mrs. Paley tried to use from her own experiences in connection to her student's.
2. What was Rena obsessed with?
3. Describe the announcement made by the little girls at the end of class in Chapter 24.
4. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
5. Describe how the black students use the word "black."
6. Describe Janet Albright.
7. Discuss what Claire was a victim of.
8. What did Janet Albright explain to the hurt child about friendship?
9. Describe Anna, the leader of the mutiny from the doll corner.
10. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)