|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class do to be scolded in Chapter 4?
(a) Permanent marker on the wall.
(b) A crayon.
(c) The drawing easel.
(d) Foul language.
2. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
(a) Those with less economics.
(b) Those that are white.
(c) Those with higher economic background.
(d) Those that are black.
3. What did Mrs. Paley participate in in Chapter 3?
(a) A walk-a-thon.
(b) A cake walk.
(c) Advocating interracial schooling.
(d) Civil rights protests.
4. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A young white girl.
(b) A child like Steven.
(c) A child not like Steven.
(d) A parent of a white boy.
5. Who was Mrs. Paley with in the preface?
(a) A student teacher.
(b) Her students.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A collegue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of club did Barbara organize?
2. Who did Mrs. Paley want to explain her classroom's goings on to?
3. What did Mrs. Paley have her students share in relation to their ethnic background in Chapter 7?
4. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her new job in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
2. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
3. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
4. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
5. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
6. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
7. Describe Janet Albright.
8. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
9. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
10. What did Mrs. Paley limit Steven to and what was the result?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)