|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley get to recognize the changes in the young boy from Chapter 5?
(a) Her collegues.
(b) His parents.
(c) Her boss.
(d) His grandparents.
2. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
(a) Same dad.
(b) Same religion.
(c) Same social background.
(d) Same favorite color.
3. What did Mrs. Paley urge her student teacher to do?
(a) Take a job at her school.
(b) Teach another age.
(c) Take a job at an all white school.
(d) Go to the Peace Corp.
4. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
(a) Makes everyone equal.
(b) Solves problems.
(c) Creates more problems.
(d) Alleviates problems.
5. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
(a) She had her first all black class.
(b) She had her first black student.
(c) She had her first mixed class.
(d) She had her first black boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
2. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
3. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom in Chapter 5?
4. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
5. What was the result of the two boys who became friends although didn't remain friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
2. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
3. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
4. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
5. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
6. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
7. Describe Janet Albright.
8. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
9. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
10. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)