|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley mostly teach in Chapter 1?
(a) Mixed schools.
(b) Poor schools.
(c) White schools.
(d) Private schools.
2. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
(a) Being the only girl.
(b) Being the only Jewish girl.
(c) Being excluded.
(d) Being ugly.
3. What did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class do to be scolded in Chapter 4?
(a) Permanent marker on the wall.
(b) The drawing easel.
(c) A crayon.
(d) Foul language.
4. Who did Mrs. Paley call in Chapter 1?
(a) Alma's mother.
(b) Her mom.
(c) No one.
(d) Alma's father.
5. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
(a) More money.
(c) A more accurate reflection of the world outside the classroom.
(d) An end to racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
2. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
3. What did Mrs. Paley often struggle with when she was teaching?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley first have a conversation with in Chapter 3 about her new job?
5. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
2. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure from the formed friendships in Chapter 7?
3. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
4. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
5. Describe Barbara.
6. What did Mrs. Paley's friend suggest about Mrs. Paley's interest in her students?
7. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
8. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
9. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
10. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)