|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the first few chapters of "White Teacher" introduce?
(a) Theme of equality.
(b) Theme of equal rights.
(c) Theme of Civil Rights.
(d) Theme of racial difference.
2. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
(d) A mixed race school.
3. Who came to work with Mrs. Paley in Chapter 9?
(a) Janice Alright.
(b) Janet Albright.
(c) Janey Albritton.
4. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
(a) The number of times he could use foul language.
(b) The number of times he could go to the bathroom.
(c) The number of times he could answer a question.
(d) The number of times he could speak.
5. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
(b) Created racism.
(c) Robbed her of what made her special.
(d) Advocated racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley struggle with at the beginning of "White Teacher"?
2. What was the name of the boy in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 4?
3. What does "White Teacher" approach in its content?
4. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
5. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley limit Steven to and what was the result?
2. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
3. Discuss what Mrs. Paley tried to use from her own experiences in connection to her student's.
4. Compare and contrast Chicago schools to the southern schools Mrs. Paley taught in.
5. Describe Janet Albright.
6. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure from the formed friendships in Chapter 7?
7. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
8. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
9. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
10. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)