Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
(a) A white girl and black boy.
(b) A white boy and a black boy.
(c) A white girl and a black girl.
(d) A white boy and a black girl.
2. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
(a) Focus on the behvaior.
(b) Praise race in the classroom.
(c) Ignore race in the classroom.
(d) Take a vacation.
3. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
(a) The hallway.
(b) Time out chair.
(c) By the trashcan.
(d) Time out corner.
4. Who came to work with Mrs. Paley in Chapter 9?
(a) Janice Alright.
(b) Janet Albright.
(c) Janey Albritton.
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Her mom.
(b) A black parent.
(c) Her boss.
(d) A white parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
2. Where did Mrs. Paley's student teacher insist she was needed at?
3. What did Mrs. Paley notice about black children playing with other black children in the first few chapters?
4. What did Mrs. Paley urge the school district to do in Chapter 3?
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
2. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
3. Describe the father of the student who had nightmares and what he believed was the cause.
4. Describe Sylvia.
5. How did the other girls treat Sylvia when they played games?
6. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
7. What did Mrs. Paley and her friends advocate?
8. Describe Claire Mireau.
9. What was Rena obsessed with?
10. Describe what the boy's t shirt caused in Chapter 14.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)