|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
(a) Janet and Arlene.
(b) Mary Anne and Claire.
(c) Arlene and Mary Anne.
(d) No one.
2. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
(a) A white boy and a black girl.
(b) A white girl and a black girl.
(c) A white girl and black boy.
(d) A white boy and a black boy.
3. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
(a) By the trashcan.
(b) Time out corner.
(c) The hallway.
(d) Time out chair.
4. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Unhappy with her lack of action.
(b) Happy that her race was getting recognition in society.
(c) Happy with her place in society.
(d) Unhappy with her job.
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about the young boy's actions in her class in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
2. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
3. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley get to recognize the changes in the young boy from Chapter 5?
5. In the preface, what was Mrs. Paley doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what developed at the end of Chapter 13 in Mrs. Paley's classroom.
2. Describe Barbara.
3. Describe the father of the student who had nightmares and what he believed was the cause.
4. What factors into children deciding who their playmates will be?
5. Describe how the black students use the word "black."
6. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
7. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
8. What progress did Mrs. Paley make?
9. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
10. What did Mrs. Paley vow to do?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)