|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley mostly teach in Chapter 1?
(a) White schools.
(b) Mixed schools.
(c) Private schools.
(d) Poor schools.
2. How did Mrs. Paley feel about the young boy's actions in her class in Chapter 4?
3. What did Mrs. Paley invite parents to send with their children to class in Chapter 7?
(a) Clothing to explore their culture.
(c) Music to explore their culture.
4. What did Mrs. Paley try after the incident with the young boy in Chapter 4?
(b) An old technique.
(c) A new technique.
5. In Chapter 5, who did Mrs. Paley begin to offer compliments to?
(a) The white children.
(b) No one.
(c) The black children.
(d) Racial differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
2. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 4, what did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class refuse to do?
4. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
5. What did Mrs. Paley believe helped the disruptive young boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
2. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
3. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
4. Describe Barbara.
5. What did Mrs. Paley limit Steven to and what was the result?
6. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
7. Compare and contrast Chicago schools to the southern schools Mrs. Paley taught in.
8. Discuss what Mrs. Paley tried to use from her own experiences in connection to her student's.
9. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
10. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)