|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
(a) Time out corner.
(b) The hallway.
(c) By the trashcan.
(d) Time out chair.
2. Where did Mrs. Paley accept a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A public integrated school.
(b) A private segregated school.
(c) A public segregated school.
(d) A private integrated school.
3. What experiences did Mrs. Paley draw from her own life to relate to her job's issues?
(a) Being an only child.
(b) Being ugly.
(c) Being a Jewish child.
(d) Being a racist.
4. What did Mrs. Paley urge the school district to do in Chapter 3?
(a) To segregate the schools.
(b) To offer learning alternatives.
(c) To bus black children into their schools.
(d) To desegregate the schools.
5. What did Mrs. Paley take a closer look at in relationship to ethnic speech?
(a) Her judgements.
(b) Her personal economic prejudices.
(c) Arlene's speech.
(d) Her attitude about speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the exploration of ethnicity do for Mrs. Paley's students?
2. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
3. Who did Mrs. Paley want to explain her classroom's goings on to?
4. What did the person Mrs. Paley was with ask her in the preface?
5. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
2. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
3. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
4. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
5. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
6. Discuss what Mrs. Paley's friend asked her in the preface.
7. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
8. Describe Barbara.
9. What did Mrs. Paley and her friends advocate?
10. How did Mrs. Paley feel about Janet?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)