|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley want to teach?
(a) Black children.
(b) Her own children.
(c) White children.
(d) European children.
2. What did Mrs. Paley struggle with at the beginning of "White Teacher"?
(a) How to mix blacks with whites in the classroom.
(b) How to deal with issues of race without creating a bigger problem.
(c) How to teach blacks.
3. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
(a) A documentary.
4. Who came to work with Mrs. Paley in Chapter 9?
(a) Janey Albritton.
(c) Janice Alright.
(d) Janet Albright.
5. What did Mrs. Paley urge the school district to do in Chapter 3?
(a) To bus black children into their schools.
(b) To offer learning alternatives.
(c) To desegregate the schools.
(d) To segregate the schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disrupted the good friends in Chapter 10?
2. What do the first few chapters of "White Teacher" introduce?
3. What was wrong with Fred?
4. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
5. What was Carol embarrassed of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
2. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
3. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
4. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
5. What did Mrs. Paley and her friends advocate?
6. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
7. Describe what Mrs. Paley struggled with that prompted her to write "White Teacher."
8. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
9. Discuss what issue Mrs. Paley highlighted in Chapter 3-6?
10. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)