|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley mostly teach in Chapter 1?
(a) White schools.
(b) Mixed schools.
(c) Poor schools.
(d) Private schools.
2. How many more black children were placed in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 2?
3. What experiences did Mrs. Paley draw from her own life to relate to her job's issues?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being a Jewish child.
(c) Being an only child.
(d) Being a racist.
4. What kind of club did Barbara organize?
(a) A Jewish one.
(b) A Catholic one.
(c) A Black one.
(d) A White one.
5. Who did Mrs. Paley go to for advice in Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mom.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to work with Mrs. Paley in Chapter 9?
2. Who used the derogatory words about blacks that Mrs. Paley was unsure how to handle?
3. What did the exploration of ethnicity do for Mrs. Paley's students?
4. What did Mrs. Paley urge her student teacher to do?
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about the young boy's actions in her class in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure from the formed friendships in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Mrs. Paley's first black student.
3. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
4. What did Mrs. Paley limit Steven to and what was the result?
5. Describe Fred and what his problems were.
6. Describe Janet Albright.
7. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
8. What did Mrs. Paley want to achieve in her classroom from the protests?
9. What did Mrs. Paley's friend suggest about Mrs. Paley's interest in her students?
10. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)