|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
(a) A white girl and black boy.
(b) A white girl and a black girl.
(c) A white boy and a black girl.
(d) A white boy and a black boy.
2. Where did Mrs. Paley think in Chapter 1 she would like to teach?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) Private schools.
(c) Integrated schools.
3. Who was Mrs. Paley with in the preface?
(a) Her students.
(b) A collegue.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A student teacher.
4. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
(a) That all blacks her fat.
(b) That all blacks were poor.
(c) That all blacks ate fried food.
(d) That all blacks had grease in their hair.
5. What did Mrs. Paley note about her class after she received advice in Chapter 2?
(a) Behavior in blacks and whites.
(b) The behavior of black boys.
(c) The behavior of whites.
(d) Comments and behaviors regarding color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
2. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
3. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
4. What kind of club did Barbara organize?
5. Who disrupted the good friends in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
2. What did Mrs. Paley's friend suggest about Mrs. Paley's interest in her students?
3. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
4. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
5. Discuss what Mrs. Paley learned from Janet Albright.
6. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
7. How did the class react to Sylvia's absence?
8. Describe Ayana.
9. What did ignoring racial differences eventually do in Mrs. Paley's classroom?
10. Describe Janet Albright.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)