|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
(a) The number of times he could answer a question.
(b) The number of times he could use foul language.
(c) The number of times he could go to the bathroom.
(d) The number of times he could speak.
2. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
(a) She had her first black boss.
(b) She had her first mixed class.
(c) She had her first all black class.
(d) She had her first black student.
3. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
(a) Praise race in the classroom.
(b) Ignore race in the classroom.
(c) Focus on the behvaior.
(d) Take a vacation.
4. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
(a) Those that are black.
(b) Those that are white.
(c) Those with less economics.
(d) Those with higher economic background.
5. Where did Mrs. Paley mostly teach in Chapter 1?
(a) Private schools.
(b) Mixed schools.
(c) White schools.
(d) Poor schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the two students have in common aside from their mothers becoming doctors?
2. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
3. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
4. What did Mrs. Paley often struggle with when she was teaching?
5. What was the name of the boy in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Arlene and Mary Ann discover in Chapter 7?
2. Describe what the black parent in Chapter 3 said about ignoring racial differences.
3. What did Mrs. Paley's colleagues suggest about Fred?
4. What did Mrs. Paley and her friends advocate?
5. What did Mrs. Paley's friend suggest about Mrs. Paley's interest in her students?
6. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
7. Describe Janet Albright.
8. Describe Barbara.
9. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
10. How did Mrs. Paley feel about Janet?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)