|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experiences did Mrs. Paley draw from her own life to relate to her job's issues?
(a) Being a Jewish child.
(b) Being a racist.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Being an only child.
2. How old was Mrs. Paley's student teacher?
3. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
(a) Talked to herself.
(b) Wrote in a journal.
(c) Took a shower in the morning.
(d) Kept notes about her classroom.
4. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
(a) The number of times he could speak.
(b) The number of times he could use foul language.
(c) The number of times he could answer a question.
(d) The number of times he could go to the bathroom.
5. What did Mrs. Paley have her students share in relation to their ethnic background in Chapter 7?
(a) Clothes and weather.
(b) Music and clothes.
(c) Weather and music.
(d) Pictures and different languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
2. Who did Mrs. Paley want to explain her classroom's goings on to?
3. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom in Chapter 5?
4. What did Mrs. Paley invite parents to send with their children to class in Chapter 7?
5. Who was the smartest girl in the class in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Steven almost forced Mrs. Paley to do.
2. Describe Barbara.
3. Discuss how Mrs. Paley punished poor behavior in Chapter 2.
4. Discuss what Mrs. Paley began to do in Chapter 5.
5. Describe the child in Chapter 4 who used foul language and his behavior.
6. Explain why Mrs. Paley decided to write "White Teacher."
7. Describe what made Mrs. Paley unsure of herself in her classroom in Chapter 6.
8. What did Mrs. Paley and her friends advocate?
9. Describe what Janet felt she was meant to do?
10. Describe Janet Albright.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)