|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "White Teacher" approach in its content?
(a) The Civil Rights.
(b) How to discipline.
(c) To find the apporpriate approach in dealing with white and black students.
2. What do the first few chapters of "White Teacher" introduce?
(a) Theme of equal rights.
(b) Theme of racial difference.
(c) Theme of Civil Rights.
(d) Theme of equality.
3. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
(a) Sent him to the office.
(b) Ignored it.
(c) Praised it.
(d) Yelled at him.
4. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A parent of a white boy.
(b) A child not like Steven.
(c) A young white girl.
(d) A child like Steven.
5. What did Mrs. Paley participate in in Chapter 3?
(a) A walk-a-thon.
(b) Civil rights protests.
(c) Advocating interracial schooling.
(d) A cake walk.
6. What was Mrs. Paley's plan to try after the incident in Chapter 4 with the young boy?
(a) Ignoring the bad behavior.
(b) Praising the good behavior and ignoring the poor behavior.
(c) Ignoring the good behavior.
(d) Praising the poor behavior.
7. What did Mrs. Paley continue to believe was needed in the classroom?
(a) Classrooms with mixed races.
(b) Running water.
8. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being the only Jewish girl.
(c) Being the only girl.
(d) Being excluded.
9. In Chapter 5, who did Mrs. Paley begin to offer compliments to?
(a) Racial differences.
(b) No one.
(c) The white children.
(d) The black children.
10. What did Mrs. Paley realize ethnic speech had little to do with?
(a) Racial inequalities.
(b) Racial appreciations.
(c) Intelligence of the speaker.
(d) Knowledge of the speaker.
11. What did Mrs. Paley learn was the best way to deal with racial issues in her classroom?
12. How many more black children were placed in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 2?
13. Who did Mrs. Paley get to recognize the changes in the young boy from Chapter 5?
(a) Her collegues.
(b) Her boss.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grandparents.
14. What did the exploration of ethnicity do for Mrs. Paley's students?
(a) Helped unite each other.
(b) Helped them feel welcome.
(c) Gave everyone a purpose.
(d) Helped them understand each other.
15. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
(a) That all blacks her fat.
(b) That all blacks were poor.
(c) That all blacks had grease in their hair.
(d) That all blacks ate fried food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Mrs. Paley's first teaching jobs located?
2. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
3. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
4. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)