|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley accept a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A private segregated school.
(b) A public integrated school.
(c) A public segregated school.
(d) A private integrated school.
2. What was the name of Mrs. Paley's first black student?
(a) Alma Franklin.
(b) Alma Matter.
(c) Alma Fredrickson.
(d) Alma Franks.
3. What experiences did Mrs. Paley draw from her own life to relate to her job's issues?
(a) Being an only child.
(b) Being a racist.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Being a Jewish child.
4. What age did Mrs. Paley teach?
5. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A child like Steven.
(b) A parent of a white boy.
(c) A young white girl.
(d) A child not like Steven.
6. In Chapter 4, what did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class refuse to do?
(a) To eat lunch.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To talk to Mrs. Paley.
7. What does "White Teacher" approach in its content?
(a) How to discipline.
(c) To find the apporpriate approach in dealing with white and black students.
(d) The Civil Rights.
8. What was Mrs. Paley's plan to try after the incident in Chapter 4 with the young boy?
(a) Praising the good behavior and ignoring the poor behavior.
(b) Ignoring the good behavior.
(c) Ignoring the bad behavior.
(d) Praising the poor behavior.
9. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her new job in Chapter 3?
10. What did Mrs. Paley continue to believe was needed in the classroom?
(b) Running water.
(c) Classrooms with mixed races.
11. What was the result of the two boys who became friends although didn't remain friends?
(a) They ended up hating eachother.
(b) They expanded their friendship to include all races.
(c) They broke the segregation that had always existed before.
(d) They learned about another race in that time.
12. What did Mrs. Paley notice about black children playing with other black children in the first few chapters?
(a) Refusal to play with a white child.
(b) They saw white's were better.
(c) They thought blacks were inadequate.
(d) They clung to each other.
13. In Chapter 4, what happened the first time Mrs. Paley tried disciplining the disruptive boy?
(a) She had to call his parents.
(b) She had to hold him down.
(c) She had to sit on him.
(d) She had to slap him.
14. Who did Mrs. Paley want to explain her classroom's goings on to?
(a) The principle.
(b) The student teacher.
(d) No one.
15. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
(a) A white boy and a black boy.
(b) A white girl and black boy.
(c) A white boy and a black girl.
(d) A white girl and a black girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
2. Who did Mrs. Paley call in Chapter 1?
3. Who did Mrs. Paley go to for advice in Chapter 2?
4. What kind of club did Barbara organize?
5. How old was Mrs. Paley's student teacher?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)