|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Paley's plan to try after the incident in Chapter 4 with the young boy?
(a) Praising the poor behavior.
(b) Praising the good behavior and ignoring the poor behavior.
(c) Ignoring the bad behavior.
(d) Ignoring the good behavior.
2. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
(a) If they were Jewish.
(b) If they could sing.
(c) If they were white.
(d) if they were black.
3. What kind of club did Barbara organize?
(a) A Catholic one.
(b) A Black one.
(c) A Jewish one.
(d) A White one.
4. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
(a) Kept notes about her classroom.
(b) Talked to herself.
(c) Took a shower in the morning.
(d) Wrote in a journal.
5. What did the clothing situation add to in Chapter 14?
(a) Segregation in the classroom.
(b) Parent teacher conferences.
(d) Another student called another girl a degrogatory name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
2. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
3. What was wrong with Fred?
4. What would Ayana often smooth over?
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about the young boy's actions in her class in Chapter 4?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)