|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the activity of acting out the story do for the class?
(a) Made them equal.
(b) Made them one big community.
(c) Made them separate.
(d) Connected them.
2. Who impacted the children's opinions of race?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Paley.
(d) Their parents.
3. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
(a) That all blacks were poor.
(b) That all blacks ate fried food.
(c) That all blacks had grease in their hair.
(d) That all blacks her fat.
4. Where did the child begin working in Chapter 12?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) At her desk.
(c) Art tables.
(d) The doll corner.
5. What would Ayana often smooth over?
(a) Crying students.
(c) Break ups in the class.
(d) The hurt caused by Sylvia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her new job in Chapter 3?
2. What did the boy's parents agree to do in Chapter 14?
3. Who came to class to talk to Rena in Chapter 21?
4. What did Claire come dressed as in Chapter 22?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in Chapter 19?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)