|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rena's boyfriend?
2. What role does Yvonne promise to Astrid as she leaves to live with her boyfriend?
3. Where does Astrid meet Paul for the first time?
4. Where do Ron, Claire, and Astrid get a cabin?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 25, what is Rena's latest money-making idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does the art museum have in Astrid's life?
2. When Astrid moves in with Rena, what does she begin to think of her mother?
3. Compare and contrast Susan and Ingrid.
4. What is symbolic of Astrid rearranging her mother's letters into a poem?
5. What is Astrid's general response to Claire's death?
6. What offers does Ingrid get from others when she is released? Why does she take them?
7. Why does Ingrid dislike Claire so much?
8. How does Astrid act toward Ingrid when they see each other as a result of Susan bringing them together?
9. Why doesn't Astrid want to stay with Ron after Claire's death?
10. What does Ingrid mean when she tells Astrid, "I am your home"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways in which Astrid seeks attention from others. Who does she seek attention from? What in her life may have caused this attention-seeking behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the novel's characters are detestable as a result of the way they treat Astrid. Which character is the most detestable and why?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Ray play in Astrid's life? Does he manipulate her? Does he love her? Does he hurt her or help her?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)