|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Astrid when she is upset about her future in Chapter 30?
2. What color is Rena's house?
3. What does Ingrid tell Claire about Ron?
4. When Sergei comes to visit Astrid, what is she doing?
5. What is the name of Yvonne's boyfriend that she goes to live with after the baby is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do Hannah and Julie play in Ingrid's life? Astrid's?
2. After meeting her biological father, how does Astrid feel about him?
3. Why does Astrid decide to try acid?
4. Why doesn't Astrid want to stay with Ron after Claire's death?
5. What is symbolic of Astrid rearranging her mother's letters into a poem?
6. What does Ron think of Astrid's presence in his home?
7. Describe Rena's home.
8. What does Ingrid mean when she tells Astrid, "I am your home"?
9. When Astrid moves in with Rena, what does she begin to think of her mother?
10. How does Astrid interpret the scene at the maternity ward when all the woman shout out for their mothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ingrid often tells Astrid to embrace her loneliness. Does Astrid take this advice? If so, how? Does Ingrid truly embrace loneliness or is this a cover to hide her true emotions?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities can be seen in both Ingrid and Astrid? What are the main differences between these characters? What about their circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Astrid and Ingrid in the beginning of the novel. Why do you think they interact certain ways? How do they feel about each other?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)