|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the cops after Astrid gets shot?
2. Where is the housing development that Ray works on when he takes Astrid there?
3. What is the location of Astrid's second foster home?
4. On what day of the week does Astrid get to visit her mom for the first time since she was arrested?
5. What language do the girls speak at dinner in Astrid's third foster home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrid think about when she is in the hospital after getting shot?
2. Why does Astrid avoid talking about Claire in the letters she writes to Ingrid?
3. How is Astrid helpless when she lives with Amelia?
4. Why is Ingrid so upset that Barry has broken up with her?
5. Why does Claire see Ingrid as an inspiration, despite Astrid's warnings?
6. Describe Olivia Johnstone.
7. Why does Ingrid change so much after she meets and begins dating Barry?
8. Describe the relationship between Claire and Astrid.
9. How does Ingrid's poem, "For Astrid, Who Will Live After All," hurt Astrid?
10. What advice does Olivia give Astrid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways in which Astrid seeks attention from others. Who does she seek attention from? What in her life may have caused this attention-seeking behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Ingrid often tells Astrid to embrace her loneliness. Does Astrid take this advice? If so, how? Does Ingrid truly embrace loneliness or is this a cover to hide her true emotions?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Ray play in Astrid's life? Does he manipulate her? Does he love her? Does he hurt her or help her?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)