|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Astrid say that offends her mother on her last visit to the prison?
(a) That her writing is horrible.
(b) That she will never get out of prison.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That she should have been sterilized.
2. Who does Claire fight with often?
3. What does Astrid see in the Permanent Collection of the museum?
(a) Animal statues.
(c) Rainforest dioramas.
4. When Astrid rips up letters from Ingrid, what does she do with them?
(a) She throws them away.
(b) She buries them.
(c) She turns them into a poem.
(d) She sends them back to Ingrid.
5. What is the name of the woman that Ingrid once left Astrid with for an entire year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the museum with Astrid on acid?
2. What are the names of the parents that Astrid turns away?
3. What does Astrid do with her expensive clothes when she moves in with Rena?
4. What role does Yvonne promise to Astrid as she leaves to live with her boyfriend?
5. What does Rena give Astrid in exchange for her morning's work digging through trash bins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offers does Ingrid get from others when she is released? Why does she take them?
2. After meeting her biological father, how does Astrid feel about him?
3. Why does Claire become depressed?
4. What is Astrid's general response to Claire's death?
5. Compare and contrast Susan and Ingrid.
6. Describe Rena's home.
7. How does Astrid feel about the possibility of Ingrid being released from prison?
8. How does Astrid fit in with Yvonne and Niki?
9. Describe the visit that Astrid and Claire have with Ingrid.
10. Why is Astrid afraid of her future when she graduates?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)