|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Starr been sober when she begins drinking again?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
2. On the day that Claire does not pick up Astrid from school, what has she been doing?
(a) Reading letters from Ingrid.
(b) Spying on Ron.
(c) Writing a letter to Astrid.
(d) Writing to Ron.
3. What is the last name of Astrid's second foster family?
4. Where does Ingrid work?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Crossroads of the World.
(c) Farmer's Market.
(d) Los Angeles Times.
5. Who does Astrid eat with daily at school while living with Starr?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivia buy for Astrid when they go to Rodeo Drive together?
2. What do Starr and Astrid compete over?
3. What is the location of Astrid's second foster home?
4. What is Joan's career goal?
5. Which word best describes Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ingrid's poem, "For Astrid, Who Will Live After All," hurt Astrid?
2. Why is Ingrid so upset that Barry has broken up with her?
3. How does Astrid feel about Ingrid stalking Barry?
4. What causes Astrid's relationship with Olivia to disintegrate?
5. Describe the relationship between Astrid and Ray.
6. Describe the foster home run by Ed and Marvel.
7. Why does Astrid avoid talking about Claire in the letters she writes to Ingrid?
8. Why did Olivia get into prostitution?
9. Describe Claire and Ron's home.
10. What drives Starr to begin drinking again after she has been sober for so long?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)