|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does Astrid get to visit her mom for the first time since she was arrested?
2. What job does Astrid say she might have one day when she talks to Marvel?
(a) A loan officer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A chef.
3. How old is Astrid when the novel begins?
4. What do Astrid and Marvel's neighbor do at the end of their first talk outside?
(a) They exchange phone numbers.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They shake hands.
(d) They hug.
5. What does Olivia buy for Astrid when they go to Rodeo Drive together?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A jogging suit.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Barry takes both Astrid and Ingrid?
2. What are the first names of Astrid's second set of foster parents?
3. How long has Starr been sober when she begins drinking again?
4. What classes does Claire attend in Chapter 16?
5. What is the location of Astrid's second foster home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Astrid feel about her biological father? What does she know about him when she lives with Starr?
2. Why does Claire see Ingrid as an inspiration, despite Astrid's warnings?
3. How does Astrid feel about Ingrid stalking Barry?
4. Why does Ingrid change so much after she meets and begins dating Barry?
5. Describe the foster home run by Ed and Marvel.
6. Describe Claire and Ron's home.
7. What advice does Olivia give Astrid?
8. Describe the power of books in Astrid's life.
9. Describe Astrid's experience in church when she goes with Starr.
10. What makes Astrid feel guilty in church? What does she feel guilty about?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)