|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the housing development that Ray works on when he takes Astrid there?
(b) Holmby Hills.
(d) Long beach.
2. What does Ingrid want Astrid to send her when Astrid is still living with Starr?
(a) Her journals.
3. What are the first names of Astrid's second set of foster parents?
(a) Smith and Mabel.
(b) George and Edna.
(c) Ed and Marvel.
(d) Lee and Opal.
4. What is a positive consequence of Astrid's second trip to the emergency room?
(a) The scars.
(b) The television.
(c) The library.
(d) The food.
5. According to Marvel's neighbor, what kind of girls have an advantage in the world?
(a) Girls that can read.
(b) Smart girls.
(c) Brave girls.
(d) Beautiful girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Marvel's family do while eating dinner?
2. Ingrid writes letters that mainly talk about herself with no regard to Astrid. Which of the following does Ingrid tell Astrid to take care of?
3. What is Ed and Marvel's neighbor often reading?
4. In what month is Astrid baptized for the first time?
5. Where has Olivia been for Christmas when she isn't at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Astrid and Ingrid interact with one another in the beginning of the novel? Why?
2. Why is Ingrid so upset that Barry has broken up with her?
3. How does Ingrid hurt Astrid when Astrid comes to visit her for the first time in eight months?
4. What makes Astrid feel guilty in church? What does she feel guilty about?
5. Why does Claire see Ingrid as an inspiration, despite Astrid's warnings?
6. Describe the power of books in Astrid's life.
7. What does Astrid learn by reading Ingrid's journals?
8. How does Astrid feel about Ingrid stalking Barry?
9. What does Astrid think about when she is in the hospital after getting shot?
10. How is Astrid pushed into the shadows by Ingrid?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)